Northeast Regional Sales Manager
Global leader in value-adding ingredients for vegetable oils and fats solutions.
Opportunity to manage the Northeast Region.
About Our Client
Global leader with over 140 years of history in producing and selling value-adding vegetable oils and fats solutions for food and non-food applications. Our products go into food market sectors such as Bakery, Chocolate, Dairy, Confectionary, Food Service and Special Nutrition, and our non-food applications include fats and oils for use in Personal Care products, Candles, Animal feed, and much more. Industry leading products, services and technologies that enable our customers to succeed. Our unique Co-Development approach brings our customers' skills and know-how together with our own capabilities and mindset for lasting results.
The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for the sales and account management activities of the team, made up of Account Managers, a Strategic Account Manager and Inside Sales. In addition, the Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for the region's profitability via delivering budget and managing costs. Building and maintaining key relationships within all functional areas of the regions customers is critical as is fostering a culture of customer intimacy and hunting. Key deliverables will include, forecasting, contract compliance, price management and strategic prioritization of work load for the team
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Achieving the regions financial and sales objectives by best in class, forecasting, budgeting and coaching the team to maximize team dynamic and impact. A culture of relationship building at existing accounts and hunting to uncover new opportunities is key.
- Developing and managing the execution of regional sales plans that align with the organizations three-year strategic plans and global initiatives
- Negotiating contracts and multi-year supply agreements with key customers
- Effective price management
- Leading and coaching the team towards continuous improvement and industry leading results
- Generating new leads and profitable business opportunities
- Participate in the planning and execution of Customer events at trade shows, as well as, technical visits and ideation/innovation sessions
- To be a key member of the Go to Market team consisting of: Sales, Customer Innovation (technical) and Marketing/Business Development
- Work with all functional areas within the company, including, customer service, supply chain, operations, finance, and sourcing & trading
- Heavy emphasis on promoting the concept of "Customer Co-Development" which will necessitate a focus on our customers Product Development and R&D teams
The Successful Applicant
- BA/BS degree, MBA preferred
- New Jersey based
- 7+ Years of experience in specialty food or specialty chemical ingredient sales plus 5+ Years in Sales Management
- Team player that thrives on responsibility and accountability for themselves and their teams
- Entrepreneurial spirit who can work within a corporate team environment in which the greater good supersedes an individual accomplishment
- The ability to travel approximately 50%
- The use of a computer, smart phone and applicable software (xls, word, power point, adobe, etc.)
- Critical thinking and working thru ambiguity within a fast-paced environment will be required
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, without sponsorship, now and in the future
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, bonus, and benefits.