Operating Model Development Director
Global role to lead, steer and business growth and transformation
Lead the detail design of finance and operating models
About Our Client
An international retailer.
The Operating Model Development Director leads the detail design of the finance and GBO operating model to secure fit for purpose, standardised and automated ways of working and organising within finance and GBO. The role also leads other development initiatives such as new market, format expansion and compliance.
Furthermore, the role will lead, steer and support overall financial reporting that is beneficial to people and protect and add value to company assets, securing profitable growth and financial independence by providing Accounting & Reporting services, supporting a strong compliance framework, and effective governance to enable entrepreneurship and safeguard our people, customers and businesses.
* Be responsible for maintaining target operating model design principles for finance and GBO
* Collaboratively work across functions on the target operating model design focusing mainly on process split, delivery network and organisation design, in order to secure alignment and managing decision making
* Carry out the Target Operating Model design in Business Operating Transformation, being responsible for supporting the process, the system solution, the data and information model, organization and governance as well as overall design and decision making
* Work together with different functions on defining and allocating KPIs for the operating model through E2E process and support implementation in different organization
* Lead tactical and operational initiatives geared towards the target operating model design, development and continuous improvement
* Contribute, together with other stakeholders, the business development in other processes, functions, programs or projects, as well as of the overall system landscape, e.g. new business model, new countries, etc.
* Secure and maintain a connection with and between the three core businesses, business owners, group functions, process teams
* Secure cross-organisational readiness and continued business growth in terms of competence, performance and succession through enabling an end-to-end approach
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be passionate about transforming organisations and supporting efficiency as well as effectiveness. As a person, you are energized by increasing customer value, driving business growth and contributing to overall success and results through people, and you are motivated by leading and developing others. You get inspired by working together in an ever-changing multi-dimensional environment, motivated by leading through co-creation with colleagues. You will preferably have a financial or accounting background with excellent SAP/ ERP experience. You may have relevant background from the Big 4 but ideally this will have been transferred into commercial, retail or ecommerce experience. Ideally you will be a qualified accountant (ACCA) with knowledge of IFRS.
You will also have knowledge of:
- Knowledge of business, financial and operational processes, their inter-dependencies and how to work through them
- Good understanding of new technologies, analytics, data science and their application in business context
- Good understanding of organisation design and operating delivery network line with process and technology development.
- Good understanding of how to create and implement change initiatives and manage stakeholders
- Good knowledge of project management processes including methods and tools; and how to integrate them
- Experience about new technology solution implementation in finance and business areas. E.g. SAP or other ERP.
- Experience as process owner in multi-national companies with global responsibility is a plus.
What's on Offer
Competitive basic and relocation allowance.