- Save Job
- Email job
- An opportunity to lead a major Operational Resilience programme
- Must have strong Operational Resilience experience within Financial Services.
About Our Client
A large international bank based in London
Operational Resilience Programme/Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing all project lifecycle activities associated with delivering projects that are Operational Resilience driven, frequently medium-term in length, impact multiple departments or offices and are medium in risk, scope and complexity.
- Lead cross-functional EMEA-wide programme team, managing all programme lifecycle activities associated with change that is business driven, frequently long-term, enterprise-wide and high in risk, scope and complexity.
- Accountable for managing the programme lifecycle and budget in line with the banks Methodology, consistently demonstrating ownership of the entire process from beginning to end and ensuring that all benefits and deliverables are aligned with the banks objectives and commensurate with our business profile.
- Lead, influence, motivate and manage diverse project teams across the EMEA organization, including representatives from a wide variety of departments to ensure timely delivery of required results with least possible impact on the bank's business and customers.
- Plan and drive completion of all project deliverables including the business case, regulatory requirements, project roadmap, budget, testing, deliverables implementation and handover into business as usual
- Identify and then judge when to escalate risks and issues and their associated mitigation plans to the C-level Project Sponsor and appropriate committees (SteerCo) in order to prevent impact or additional risk.
- Achieve appropriate governance and transparency for the project so that the appropriate oversight is achieved.
- Ensure that all deliverables achieve compliance for the organisation, meet the objectives of the project, are in line with best market practise and can withstand formal regulatory scrutiny.
- Recognize and rapidly adapt to ongoing change during the project. Document internal and external impacts including impact on existing policies and associated procedures, formulate and present suitable mitigation plans and ensure all updates are completed to impacted areas.
The Successful Applicant
Operational Resilience Programme/Project Manager Experience & Knowledge
- Significant change background with experience of programme managing complex, enterprise-level, multi-dimensional transformation.
- Experience of planning, managing and delivering change within the financial service industry.
- Strength in understanding and managing multiple interdependencies across different programmes and projects to ensure the right outcomes.
- Strong knowledge of UK FCA/PRA Operational Resilience regulation and its practical interpretation and implementation within Financial Services.
- Strong understanding of enterprise Service Management concepts and operations, ideally with experience of having managed change associated with implementation.
- Solid understanding of concepts and key operational dependencies associated with process mapping, data management, third-party management, technology & cyber resiliency and people & premises.
- Ability to lead and manage, set the vision for the initiative, gain team and organisational buy-in, anticipate and resolve conflict, motivate, negotiate and coach so that project objectives are met.
- Strong attention to detail, risk-aware yet pragmatic.
- Strong, effective communication and interpersonal skills including diplomacy in offering challenge, tailored to the audience.
- Proven track record of building capabilities from the ground up, motivating team members and inspiring stakeholders to contribute towards successful implementation.
- Practical and willing to get involved in tasks, when necessary, to ensure objectives are achieved
- Ability to work to multiple deadlines and under pressure
What's on Offer
£750 - £830 per day on a PAYE basis
Quote job ref
- Interim Subsector
- Financial Services
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- David Stansfield
- Job reference