Operations Director Europe (m/f)
International company in the automotive production industry.
Multi-site scope of responsibility
About Our Client
Our client is an international company in the automotive production industry, on their behalf we are currently looking for an Operations Director Europe (m/f) to be based in Miskolc, Hungary.
We are looking for an experienced and confident Operations Director Europe (m/f). The role holder will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the company including multiple manufacturing sites and logistics centres. The responsibility of the Operations Director Europe (m/f) is to provide leadership and to develop strategic plans for the organization. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
The responsibilities of the Operations Director Europe (m/f) will be as follows, but not limited to:
- Oversee the manufacturing operations to ensure production efficiency, quality, customer satisfaction and cost-effective management of resources;
- Establish and implement safety programs in line with company values and policies;
- Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment;
- Collect and analyse data to find opportunities to reduce scrap, waste and overtime;
- Manage quality and engineering to review product consistency while monitoring quality rates to determine trends and areas of improvement;
- Provides direction to engineering for capital projects, process changes, environmental compliance and other related items;
- Develop and execute facilities budget;
- Monitor operational expenses and lead cost reduction initiatives;
- Drive continuous improvement through lean manufacturing tools and principles.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will possess the following skills & experience:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, manufacturing or related field, MS or MBA preferred;
- A dynamic operations professional, with significant experience within quality and engineering leadership;
- Experience in the automotive aftermarket manufacturing industry;
- Experience in the starters and alternators manufacturing industry will be considered as an advantage;
- Experience in leading multiple manufacturing sites and remote team leadership;
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage employees and motivate teams;
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development;
- Superior communication, interpersonal and influencing skills;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities;
- Results orientated with ability to plan and deliver against deadlines;
- An appreciation of and an ability to positively resolve issues arising from different cultures;
- Fluent English language skills, Hungarian language skills will be considered as an advantage.
What's on Offer
Attractive salary package.