Operations Director - Warehousing and Operations
Scaling a manufacturing warehousing operation.
About Our Client
A international manufacturing business, is looking for an operations leader for the growing distribution operation in Canada.
This is a small high growth team.
- The Canadian business has grown from 50,000 to over 1million in two years.
- The business needs a hands on operational leader
- Develop the operational system and process.
- Develop the sales support system and process, especially the pricing system.
- P&L management.
- Yearly operation budget planning, including but not limited to sales budget, accounts receivable budget, inventory budget and operational cost budget, etc.
- Reduce operational cost, including but not limited to warehousing cost, inbound/outbound shipment cost and EDI transmission cost, etc.
- Select the best available 3PL partner and supervise daily activities.
- Find existing issues within the current operational process, propose and execute countermeasures.
- Supervise financial management (excluding daily payment and fund settlement), including but not limited to accounts receivable collections, accounts credit management, inventory and shipment management, etc.
- Supervise the employee recruitment and team management for financial and logistics positions, manage general administration including but not limited to attendance and office management, etc.
- Develop the employee appraisal system for all employees.
- Other work required by HQ and CEO.
The Successful Applicant
Essential - 10 years plus progressive Operations and Warehousing leadership.
Essential - Has scaled a team from small to large. Creating a positive culture. Recruiting and developing a team.
Essential - Has worked for an international manufacturing or distribution business. Ideally with China but not essential.
Essential - P&L Management
Essential - 3PL agreement negotiation and management.
What's on Offer
Marketing leading package for the successful Operations Leader.