Fast growing international consumer durables business in the heart of Birmingham
Operations Director role with scope to progress to MD
About Our Client
My client has been established for over 70 years as a leading designer and manufacturer of consumer products found throughout the UK in Major high-street and national retailers.
- Develop Strategic and operational plans for all manufacturing activities within the business to achieve the company's budget
- Identify and manage cost reduction initiatives to improve unit cost performance
- Monitor project introductions and provide direction to the management team as required to ensure completion of identified tasks
- Provide management support for Operations, Manufacturing and process Developments to ensure the efficient and cost effective use of resources
- Provide accurate and timely management information to evidence performance against budgeted targets
- Identify training needs and provide opportunities for individual development where the business requires additional flexibility and resource
- Ensure H&S standards are reviewed and maintained for business security
- Monitor the output of the Operations Team against targets. Identify and apply process improvements.
The Successful Applicant
- Manufacturing experience, the successful candidate will understand lean manufacturing, we are particularly interested in speaking to Operations Managers/Director's/GM's who understand the process involved in manufactured an intricate consumer product - backgrounds of interest would be interior design, home-wares, decorative products, furniture, pottery, table top accessories, aerospace, medical devices etc
Key areas of knowledge will include:
- Technical appreciation and understanding
- Health & Safety system operation
- Site and services maintenance
- Ability to visit and deal with both supplier and customer issues
This role is based in Birmingham, candidates must be commutable or prepared to relocate to the area.
What's on Offer
Competitive basic salary depending on experience
25 days holiday