An opportunity to make your mark on an Edinburgh Institution
A chance to utilise your leadership skills and experience to make a difference
About Our Client
We are supporting an organisation which is regarded as an Edinburgh institution with roots in the City dating back over 100 years. A charity which over this period has built tremendous working relationships and partnerships with the Local Authorities, Government bodies and the wider business community.
An organisation which to this day has provided a much needed lifeline to the community of Edinburgh and the Lothians.
The Director of Operations will be responsible for supporting the Chief Executive in setting the strategic direction of the charity's operations to create a sustainable future. You will provide operational and organisational leadership and as a key member of the senior management team, implement the necessary changes required to meet the needs of the charity moving forward.
You will be responsible for leading and directing the team having accountability for Welfare, HR & Organisational Development and Volunteering, thus ensuring the organisation operates to the best of its ability in supporting the vulnerable and staff. You will ensure that the charity builds effective networks and relationships across Edinburgh and the Lothians, encouraging additional funding from various sectors while seeking to achieve the highest levels of quality and care.
An enthusiastic, approachable and dynamic professional you will be an essential member of the Home's SMT ensuring that the charity is able to meet its mission and to represent the charities brand and mission both externally and internally in all that you do.
- Operational and Organisational Standards and Projects
- Welfare of the supported
- People, Wellbeing and Volunteers
- External Partnerships
- Communication and Administration
- Describe the successful candidate
The Successful Applicant
- Significant demonstrable experience in an operational/organisational related role
- Experience with operational excellence: decisive about business activities that will deliver benefits, initiating action and managing resources
- A proven ability to develop operational services and lead on change management
- Proven track record of leading and motivating staff across an organisation
- Extensive experience of HR procedures
- Volunteer and staff management experience
- Experience of working as part of a senior management team
Skills and Knowledge:
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Fully IT literate on all major software packages including outlook and word
- Ability to have direct conversations with team members to ensure standards maintained and driven
- Strong relationship management skills able to hold your own in any circumstance
- Ability to lead by example with customer engagement, including demonstrating a passion for exceptional customer care
- Strong project management skills being able to juggle demanding priorities
What's on Offer
- A salary commensurate with the seniority of the role