- Leading our high growth client's Operations
- Permanent role based in central Scotland.
About Our Client
The company was started in 2007 by joint co-founders (current Chief Executive Officer and Chief Technology Officer) and inventors behind the technology. They form part of their highly experienced management team with over 50 years of experience in this field.
You can now find their medical devices in 1000s of clinics and hospitals across the UK, the US, Canada, and Australia. Emblation are just at the start of an exciting journey and you will be joining the Emblation team at a key phase in their growth. Having recently secured additional investment into the business to fund the next stages of the company's development, underpinned by 3 primary goals:
- Expansion into new treatment areas
- Development of new markets and a wider global presence
- The addition of new talent to our Scottish Headquarters to bring the skills and experience needed to support our plans for growth
The next five years will be exciting...
The Operations director role is a senior management position accountable for outsourced manufacturing process to ensure production schedules and deliveries are aligned with the forecasted demand of emblation's sales team and OEM customers. This opportunity arises at a unique time in emblation's journey, with the opportunity to develop an Operations function capable of delivering today and growing with scale and pace to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
You will be responsible for the following three key areas which comprise the Operations function:
(1) Supply chain and logistics in partnership with our outsourced manufacturing,
(2) The project management function supporting the delivery of key business wide projects and
(3) business support function.
Your deliverables will include the following:
· Leading the development and implementation of emblation's strategic goals for the Operations department, identifying the opportunities and risk mitigations required to support the growth agenda.
· Provide leadership to the teams, coaching, mentoring and developing direct reports and managing a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions.
· Proactively work with other senior colleagues across Innovation, Commercial, Regulatory & Quality and Finance to develop and incorporate best practices into the supply chain.
· Accountable for the contract management of our sub-contracted manufacturers to ensure delivery of new products on time and in full to customers, and customer returns for service or maintenance repairs are in line with SLAs.
· Develop a performance reporting framework for the supply chain, including establishing KPI's on outsourced suppliers to drive performance and ensure the company's deliverables are consistently achieved.
· Work in partnership with the CFO to deliver cost productivity for emblation and to ensure all contracts enable active supplier performance management.
· Lead the continuous improvement agenda for Operations, constantly seeking further efficiencies in ways of working both within emblation and with key partners.
· Create the conditions and relationships within emblation to enable the success of the programme/project management team, with a focus on stakeholder engagement, identifying programme risks and opportunities to resolve.
The Successful Applicant
You will be an energetic, passionate, self-starter with a positive disposition and someone who will relish a working environment which is focussed on growth and the changes needed to deliver it. In addition, they are looking for an individual to display the following capabilities:
· Extensive experience in a GMP manufacturing environment.
· Degree level in a Science based subject preferably with Six Sigma Black belt desirable, Green Belt minimal
· Proven track record in improvement projects and outsourced manufacturing.
· Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, planning and organisational skills with effective time management.
· Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and to negotiate and influence with diplomacy to achieve results.
· Comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced small company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
· Demonstrate initiative and problem-solving skills by offering solutions when obstacles are identified.
· Familiar with an ERP system
· Possess attention to detail and a 'right first time' approach.
· Strong negotiation and influencing skills at all levels of the business.
· Able to demonstrate a collaborative approach to working effectively with multiple functions including Sales, Engineering, Purchasing, Production, Regulatory & Quality.
What's on Offer
This is a once in a career opportunity to play a pivotal role in Emblation's journey.
Competitive salary and benefits on offer, in addition to career progression as the organisation grows.
PageGroup are working directly in partnership with Emblation to support this growth, all direct applicants will be forwarded to Page Executive - Emblation's appointed partner.