- Payroll and Administrative Manager - Mauritius
- Payroll and Administrative Manager
About Our Client
The client is a global company.
- Responsible of a team of Payroll assistants undertaking a range of payroll processing, recording and monitoring activities for Group entities.
- Prepares, documents and disburses payroll checks, payroll taxes and employee benefit payments.
- Evaluates current systems and recommends and develops operating efficiency improvements.
- Monitors and ensures proper documentation of employee benefit payments.
- Prepares reports illustrating payroll expenditures, including such items as tax payments and benefit plan disbursements.
- Keep up to date on all labour laws and regulations related to employment and employee's relations.
- Establish payroll in compliance with social and contractual legislation.
- Preparation and issuance of payslips.
- Organise and store the documents required by legal and regulatory provisions up to date.
- Follow up on the implementation of any legal requirements and ensuring all company policies and procedures are up to date in line with current employment law to ensure compliance.
- Comply with statutory reporting requirements.
- Ensure high level of communication (both written and verbal) with colleagues, intermediaries and authorities.
- Ensure that confidentiality is being maintained by the Payroll/HR Dept and perform proper monitoring to ensure that all confidential documents and data are under close control.
- Assist in ad-hoc tasks and projects, which typically have a commercial focus and exposure to senior management.
The Successful Applicant
- A hunger to learn and strong drive towards continuous improvement and acquiring new knowledge and skills to proactively identify, propose and implement process improvements and automations.
- A huge desire to achieve.
- Leadership skills to train, motive, develop and lead a team.
- The ability to work under pressure, odd hours if required and meet deadlines in a fast moving meritocracy where every employee looks to constantly improve themselves and their company.
- Work experience in global payroll and/or experience in working with international customers.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
Qualifications and Experience
- Holder of a degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent.
- At least 4 years' experience in similar post at Managerial level.
What's on Offer