Innovative, intelligent and leading energy technology business
Exciting and ambitious People Director opportunity
About Our Client
OVO is the UK's largest independent energy technology company and supplier. Founded in 2009 by Stephen Fitzpatrick, the group today serves over one million customers with intelligent energy services.
No longer just an energy retail business: OVO are a group of innovative, dynamic companies, all striving to harness technological advances with great consumer propositions, to create affordable clean energy for everyone.
Embracing simplicity, transparency, and treating people and their planet fairly, they were set up to challenge the status quo, "to be the good guys, always find a way, and build something great".
From the very beginning OVO has held the ambition to build one the best places to work in the UK. They have grown and achieved so much in their 9 years, collecting some shiny awards along the way (including being a Times 100 Best place to work and also a European Top Employer) but there is still more to be done and their people are key to their bright future. As they expand internationally over the coming years, their vision is to be the leading brand synonymous with its tech culture, where people can go and achieve the most awesome work of their lives.
Supporting the CEO and senior leadership team, this role will be responsible for leading and
owning the People strategy. Ultimately ensuring that employees are invested in and people promises are delivered.
A flavour of the responsibilities include:
● Supporting the CEO in the creation and development of the People strategy.
● Partnering with the senior leadership team to achieve their people plans and objectives.
● Defining and developing the Retail EVP, delivering on a strong employer brand promise.
● Driving employee engagement.
● Leading the People Team in developing department people plans covering Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, Reward, Internal Comms & Engagement and HR business partnering.
● Contributing to long-term goals around business and people development, including succession planning and C-suite talent acquisition and leadership development.
● Acting as internal executive Coach and trusted confidante to senior leaders across the business.
● Using data to help shape the employee journey and enhance the effectiveness of people decisions.
● Ensuring a good level of HR advisory services and support are being provided to line managers via the HRBPs on all day to day people issues.
● Ensuring all People processes are well executed, especially annual processes (pay reviews, performance reviews).
● Building the change capability of key stakeholders.
● Taking accountability for successful delivery of any large scale organisation restructures/change.
● Creating and managing the People team's annual budget.
● Being the people lead on M&A, new business development and other ad hoc strategic people projects.
The Successful Applicant
That sounds super exciting, but... do I have what it takes?
● Extensive generalist HR experience including employee relations, employment law, performance management, talent management,
headcount and cost management, change management.
● A strong track record of delivering People initiatives in a number of
different, challenging environments.
● Experience of operating successfully in a matrix/relationship driven
● Experience of building a Tech culture.
● Previous experience of managing a People team.
● Significant change management experience.
● First class influencing and communication skills.
● Ability to work in a complex, changing business environment.
● Resilience and boldness to ensure initiatives achieve their full benefit.
● High pace, agile with gravitas.
● Detail conscious, procedural and strong on employment law.
● Adaptability: able to maintain focus in a culture of rapidly changing
● Strong business acumen - insight and understanding of how the business
● Ideally have experience in M&A and/or IPOs.
● MCIPD Qualified.
● Overall good egg who is naturally in tune with the cultural heartbeat of the
business they work in and embody all three of the OVO values (Be the
Good Guys, Find a Way and Build Something Great).
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits package, as well as other perks and advantages to working at OVO.
If this sounds like a role for you, fantastic, please get in touch and apply. We're looking forward to hearing from you and telling you more.