- Full P&L responsibility over expanding manufacturing site
- Highly visible role leading a world class manufacturing facility
About Our Client
Our client for the Plant General Manager opportunity is a global automotive tier 1 supplier. This US Michigan based supplier has close to 20 locations in North America, Europe, and Asia and continues to be in high growth mode.
The Plant General Manager will have full P&L responsibility over 2 manufacturing sites with revenues well over $100 million and quickly growing. This 2nd facility is part of an expansion based on the current rapid growth. The plant General Manager will be responsible for running the entire plant operations owning the P&L and driving efficiency and maximizing profitability. The Plant Director will report to the Director of Manufacturing, and dotted line to the Managing Director of the Business Unit. This role is based in the Cincinnati, OH. Relocation assistance is available.
- Oversee plant operations to ensure production efficiency, quality, customer satisfaction and cost-effective management of resources.
- Establish and implement safety programs in line with company values and policies.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of the business to achieve the budgeted operating profit and working capital targets.
- Review monthly financial pack to determine progress and status in obtaining objectives and revise plans as necessary in accordance with current conditions to meet the overall objectives.
- Ensure adequate resources (personnel, materials, equipment and training) are provided to meet the company objectives.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to employees.
- Chair Monthly Management meetings to evaluate the business performance and strive for continual improvement.
- Responsible for meeting the customer, statutory and regulatory requirements of the business.
- Establish a work environment conducive to maintaining good employee morale.
- Provide suitable compensation and benefits in order to maintain existing employees and stay competitive in the market when we are recruiting new employees.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for direct reports and ensure that all managers do the same for their employees.
- Develop and implement a three-year plan in line with the company objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth as an
- Establish and manage QMS (quality management systems) to ensure compliance with internal and external standards (TS16949, ISO9001)
- Establish and drive KPIs for safety, customer quality, scrap, inventory, labor, machinery etc.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations, or related.
- 10 plus years of experience in automotive manufacturing - engineering, operations, continuous improvement
- 3-5 years of leadership experience in operations and plant management
- Prior experience with lean manufacturing systems, six sigma, Toyota Production Systems (TPS)
- Experience with Greenfield sites preferred, but not required
- Ability to understand and identify key market trends, with strategic market development experience
- Exceptional presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- High energy, teamwork, and passion for development team members
- Proven track record in cultural change management
- Ability to lead, train, mentor, and implement be practices amongst reports
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary $175,000 - $225,000, bonus 20%, relocation assistance, vacation, full benefits, holidays, 401K match, being a part of a family oriented company culture, growth opportunities to expanded roles.