- Global Automotive Supplier
- Full P&L Plant Responsibility
About Our Client
Our client for the Plant Manager opportunity is global automotive supplier for interior and exterior applications. This company has close to 15,000 employees globally and specializes in automotive and non-automotive manufacturing. The Automotive division is close to $1 billion globally and the NA region has close to 10 manufacturing plants.
The Plant Manager will be responsible for running the entire plant operations owning the P&L and driving cultural change and transformation and performance. This is a nonunion automotive plant with roughly 250-300 total employees and the plant manager will have a team of 5-7 direct reports, and report directly to the Head of Operations.
- Oversee plant operations to ensure production efficiency, quality, customer satisfaction and cost-effective management of resources.
- Establish and implement safety programs in line with company values and policies.
- Responsible for day to day management of the business to achieve the budgeted operating profit and working capital targets.
- Work with the Head of Manufacturing on CAPEX expenditures for plant upgrades and improvements to meet current and future customer demands
- Comply with direction obtained from the North American and Global executive management team
- Review monthly financial pack to determine progress and status in obtaining objectives and revise plans as necessary in accordance with current conditions to meet the overall objectives.
- Ensure adequate resources (personnel, materials, equipment and training) are provided to meet the company objectives.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to employees.
- Drive Lean and Six Sigma principles and methodologies
- Chair Monthly Management meetings to evaluate the business performance and strive for continual improvement.
- Responsible for meeting the customer, statutory and regulatory requirements of the business.
- Establish a work environment conducive to maintaining good employee morale.
- Provide suitable compensation and benefits in order to maintain existing employees and stay competitive in the market when we are recruiting new employees.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for direct reports and ensure that all managers do the same for their employees.
- Develop and implement a three-year plan in line with the company objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth as an
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations or related
- 10 plus years of experience in automotive engineering environment with strong experience in engineering, operations, and manufacturing
- 5 years of leadership experience in operations and plant management owning a P&L
- Ability to understand and identify key market trends, with strategic market development experience
- Exceptional presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- Hands on approach working closely with the plant management team and strong floor presence
- High energy, teamwork, and passion for development team members
- Proven track record in cultural change management
- Ability to lead, train, mentor, and implement be practices amongst reports
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary $175,000 - $210,000, bonus 30% vacation, full benefits, holidays, 401K and being a part of a market leader.