- Play a key role in determining the future direction of this organization
- An opportunity to build and lead a highly dedicated, dynamic team
About Our Client
Our client is a global manufacturing company and highly ethical organisation. This is a role for someone who has a passion and drive to really make a difference for the business.
Reporting to the Executive VP of Operations, this role sits on the leadership team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage and direct operational departments including manufacturing, procurement, quality, logistics, product engineering, and maintenance teams;
- Responsibility for the financial performance of the facility through the execution of the operational plan;
- Accurate planning, forecasting, analysis of variances, and implementation of corrective actions to achieve planned results;
- Manage the quality output of the manufacturing and business processes with the ability to meet targets or modify activity and behaviour if off target;
- Represent the company as the local executive, adherence to laws and guidelines, and maintaining positive public relations in the community, achieve and continue a positive image externally and internally;
- Ensure a safe working environment for all employees;
- Minimise the impact of operations to the environment and comply with all external and internal environmental requirements;
- Development of short and long-term operating and business plans that align and contribute to company goals and objectives;
- Develop and drive continuous improvement strategy to ensure the plants meet and exceed key performance indicators (KPI) related to safety, customer & supplier service levels, backlog, lead-time, cost, and inventory management;
- Coach, develop, mentor, and motivate team to foster a positive high-performance work environment.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be an existing and successful Plant Manager or Operations Director in global manufacturing manufacturing who has demonstrated successful leadership. Preferable experience in the automotive industry. Bachelor's degree in Engineering; MBA preferred.
You will be also having a strong background in;
- Thorough understanding of lean and six sigma principles and applications
- History of continuous improvement responsibility with measurable results
- Direct and support technology optimisation of production processes, integrated manufacturing systems, and other systems that support business performance; Experience working under the ISO-9000 standard
- Champion, implement and maintain programs to ensure that the plant meets company requirements for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance and regulatory requirements
- Professional maturity to manage a team of high-functioning people and prioritise activities, and the ability to interact with executive leadership across our company and that of our partners and customers
- An empathetic leader with emotional intelligence and strong leadership skills who builds trust by walking the talk
- Able to drive cultural change
- Proven ability to create vision and execute against that vision in an engaging and compelling manner
What's on Offer
A highly competitive remuneration package will be made available for exceptional applicants.