Plant Manager - Tier 1 Automotive
Global Automotive Tier 1 Supplier
Full P&L responsibility of flagship automotive plant
About Our Client
Our client for the Plant Manager is global automotive tier 1 and 2 supplier specializing in injection molded interior and exterior plastics components. This organization has over 7,000 employees globally and several offices around the world
- Oversee plant operations to ensure production efficiency, quality, customer satisfaction and cost-effective management of resources.
- Establish and implement safety programs in line with company values and policies.
- Responsible for day to day management of the business to achieve the budgeted operating profit and working capital targets.
- Comply with direction obtained from the North American and Global executive management team
- Review monthly financial pack to determine progress and status in obtaining objectives and revise plans as necessary in accordance with current conditions to meet the overall objectives.
- Ensure adequate resources (personnel, materials, equipment and training) are provided to meet the company objectives.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to employees.
- Chair Monthly Management meetings to evaluate the business performance and strive for continual improvement.
- Responsible for meeting the customer, statutory and regulatory requirements of the business.
- Establish a work environment conducive to maintaining good employee morale.
- Provide suitable compensation and benefits in order to maintain existing employees and stay competitive in the market when we are recruiting new employees.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for direct reports and ensure that all managers do the same for their employees.
- Develop and implement a three-year plan in line with the company objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth as an
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations or related
- 10 plus years of experience in automotive engineering environment with strong experience in engineering, operations, and manufacturing
- 5 years of leadership experience in operations and plant management
- Must have experience with plastic injection molded products and processes
- Ability to understand and identify key market trends, with strategic market development experience
- Exceptional presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- High energy, teamwork, and passion for development team members
- Proven track record in cultural change management
- Ability to lead, train, mentor, and implement be practices amongst reports
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary $150,000 - $175,000, bonus 20%, vacation, full benefits, holidays and automotive Christmas shutdown, 401K.