Growing, international company
Interesting career opportunities
About Our Client
At Allegion, they help keep people safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With more than 25 brands sold in almost 130 countries across the globe, they specialize in security around the doorway and beyond: everything from residential and commercial locks, door closer and exit devices, steel doors and frames to access control and workforce productivity systems. At the core of their $2 billion business is the knowledge and experience of the 9,000 dedicated employees behind their brands. They help customers navigate their toughest security challenges and help builders and property owners differentiate themselves by providing innovative and secure solutions. Enterprise excellence is a key part of what they do for their customers and is a focus for their employees. Their trained specification writers and experts not only help customers adhere to codes and standards - they help advocate for and raise those security standards in the first place, in markets around the world.
Global Portable Security (GPS) is a business unit within Allegion which was created to bring together to recent acquisitions of AXA and Trelock together with the owned brand of Kryptonite to maximize the potential of these three leading Bicycle Lock and Light brands around the globe.
The scale and scope of bringing these Brands together from a development, technology and supply chain perspective whilst keeping their individual respective strength and position in the markets with the consumers and retailers offers Allegion a unique opportunity to take a leading position in the portable security market.
The combined strength of these brands offers the OEM bike manufacturers a real partner who can offer depth in range, brand, and technology along with a versatile integrated supply chain.
- Live the values of Allegion in everything you do;
- Serve others not yourself,
- Be curious beyond the obvious;
- Enjoy what you do and celebrate who we are;
- Empowered and accountable;
- Do the right thing;
- This is your business, run with it;
- Be Safe, be healthy;
- Have a passion for excellence;
- Lead the strategic supply chain and plant operations for Dutch plant (HOME and Bike business) This includes driving continuous improvement and best in class performance in EH&S, Delivery, Quality, Manufacturing lead times and cost.
- Oversee plant operations and related activities throughout the region including the deployment and leadership of a focused EMEIA operations strategy consistent with the business needs.
- Work closely with the rest of GPS functions to ensure operational synergies and efficiencies throughout GPS.
- Manage operations-related plans, budgets, policies and procedures consistent with driving value, performance and high performing entities.
- Drive a safety culture with the expectation that all accidents can be prevented. Support the creation of health and well-being activities for all employees.
- Enhance employee engagement gaining the best of what our employees have to offer.
- Establish strong processes in support of achieving operational metrics of safety, cost, quality, delivery, and productivity.
- Foster a learning organization with strong problem-solving skills and confidence to lead and to perform.
- Support in strategy formulation and implementation with the regional leadership team.
- Lead strong internal control process and maintain full compliance with business and government regulations.
- Set high standards for performance by which the team is driven and motivated to succeed.
- Implement cost improvement strategy and deliver productivity improvements to AOP.
- Maintain positive rapport with all levels of the organization to foster a diverse and inclusive work environment with high levels of employee engagement.
- Ensure that financial productivity and plant/product transition projects are successfully executed. Ensures process and yield improvement is embedded into the factory culture and actions.
- Support in developing and executing Annual Operating Plan, drive the plant to achieve/surpass financial commitments.
- Experience with Managing Work council
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or Bachelor of Arts degree in Engineering, Business or Supply Chain Management
- MBA preferred, with over 10 years of industrial experience. Must possess significant experience in business and overall operations management.
- Six Sigma Green or Black belt certification preferred.
- Proven management skills - leading staff, employee recognition and engagement
- Business fluent in English and Dutch.
- Develop and maintain an effective leadership team. This requires spending considerable time walking the factory floor and auditing aspects of the operating system.
- The role will be based in our Veenendaal site.
What's on Offer
- Exciting challenge in a growing, international company with many career opportunities.