- Work for Europe's leading manufacturer's and supplier
- Opportunity to join an international and fast paced company
About Our Client
McBride is the leading supplier of Private Label Household and professional cleaning/hygiene products for Europe's largest and most successful retailers as well as producing own brand products. The formula for our success is quite straightforward: we work by our Key Values - Always Committed, Working Together, Aspire to be the best and Giving and Taking Accountability to create a positive environment for all McBride employees.
- Guarantee the safety and wellbeing of colleagues. Have a zero tolerance attitude towards Health and Safety breaches and ensure that the site culture is continuously evolving to improve safety in the workplace.
- Ensure that the quality of products produced by the site is as per the agreed specification.
- Develop and ensure adherence to the necessary quality systems to systematically ensure compliance to specifications.
- Develop and deliver the site strategic plan in conjunction with the Liquids and Unit Dosing leadership teams.
- Continually monitor the strategy to ensure relevance and appropriate prioritization of activities.
- Develop and agree performance targets for the forthcoming financial year and conduct periodic exercises to re-forecast these targets as the year develops.
- Deliver in full the performance targets against a number of dimensions - QHSE, Performance, Cost, People - set in conjunction with the Operators Director for Liquids and Managing Director for Unit Dosing.
- Drive a Continuous Improvement culture across all facets of the plant through the use of relevant CI manufacturing tools and techniques, supported robustly by the correct behaviours.
- Ensure that all-manufacturing plant and facilities are operating as efficiently as possible and maintained to defined standards to achieve labour and plant utilisation targets.
- Drive the competence and contribution of site colleagues through positive leadership, motivation and a focus on engagement, empowerment and development activities. Ensure that on-site colleagues who have reporting lines outside of the plant management functional structure have appropriate involvement of site-based activities.
- Review and manage identified capital investment requirements, which facilitate flexibility in plant and equipment and, promote the achievement of the business plan in terms of productivity, quality, service, safety and environmental improvements.
- Fully support new product development (NPD) and product launch initiatives as required by the business.
- Act as ambassador for the business in establishing harmonious and collaborative community relationships with external local bodies, administration and Trade associations at site level.
- Ensure legal compliance of activities across the site and adherence to agreed customer standards where relevant.
- Ensure the ongoing certifications of standards relevant to the sites activities and development of standards as required by the business.
- Be responsible for the entire physical property of the site. Ensure adequate arrangements are in place to protect the security of the site, employees and visitors.
- As part of the wider Unit Dosing Leadership Team, actively contribute to the development and
delivery of the divisional strategy.
The Successful Applicant
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- At least 5 years in an operations based leadership role within a FMCG environment.
- Fluent in French and English.
- Must be passionate about change with a willingness to embrace new concepts and an ability to socialize and influence stakeholders.
- A refined communicator with the experience to manage and drive change at all levels within a business.
- Strong facilitation skills with the ability to coach and mentor colleagues through process and
- procedural transformation and skills development.
- Resilient with an ability to prioritise and deliver to tough deadlines.
- Understanding the operational cost drivers, which affect the financial contribution of site.
- Hands on approach, with a "can do attitude".
- Highly energised and motivated with a high level of commitment.
- Proven analytical skills and the ability to influence at a senior level both internally and externally.
- Decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas.
What's on Offer
McBride gives you the opportunity to join a talented team where your contribution is recognized within an international and fast paced company. In return for your commitment and enthusiasm, you will enjoy a competitive package in line with experience