Portfolio Manager (CTA)
A globally leading hedge fund with commitment to China
A great opportunity to develop personal track record in China
About Our Client
Our client is one of the globally leading hedge funds and have a local WOFE in China. For further develop its presence in China, they are hiring an experienced portfolio manager with expertise in commodity and futures investment.
- Primarily responsible for managing onshore active commodities futures portfolio, and work closely with the local trading team in China and offshore quantitative research team;
- Improve and scale portfolio risk taking, and participate in portfolio construction and risk-taking decisions;
- Contribute to insights and ideas for the local portfolio management process;
- Market reconnaissance and surveillance;
- Identify short and longer term opportunities based on micro and macro fundamentals;
- Provide insights to product strategists and investment strategists on China local markets;
- Use new and existing insights to support idea generation and commodity analysis;
- Maintain and develop investment processes, tools and models;
- Challenge consensus views and monitor volatility;
- Build strong working relationship with the onshore analysts and portfolio managers and broader team;
- Participation in Asian and global investment meetings.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience, preferably in statistics, mathematics, computer science, finance or economics;
- Sound experience in Commodities area;
- Minimum 3 years of successful track record managing a portfolio, onshore in China; past performance will be disclosed to AMAC;
- Strong understanding of financial modeling, specifically using Python; VBA and Matlab skills are useful;
- Solid understanding of China derivatives market, ideally commodities futures market;
- Understanding of portfolio construction techniques and key risk metrics, with an ability to build and maintain portfolios to meet a wide range of client risk requirements;
- Strong knowledge of China macro environment;
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with strong attention to detail;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced team environment;
- China Fund Practitioner qualifications are required;
- Strong communication skills in both Mandarin and English (written and spoken).
What's on Offer
Our client is willing to offer a competitive package and bright career path to competent candidate.