Principal - Primary School - Shanghai Based
Head of School Position
About Our Client
Our client is well respected Shanghai based Bilingual Primary School focused on providing its students with a well-round educational experience that fosters fun, creativity and lifelong learning. The new School Principal will play a pivotal roll in the short and longer term evolution of the school, it's students, teachers and parent community.
The principal will establish and implement a shared vision and culture of collective responsibility with high expectations for staff and students.
The principal will develop and support rigorous and coherent systems of curriculum, instruction and assessment ensuring each student's success.
The principal will foster and develop the highest level of professional capacity creating sustainable, collective effectiveness of all campus personnel.
The principal will act ethically and professionally, relentlessly pursuing continual improvement.
The principal will strategically plans and ensures campus operations and resources promote the academic success and well-being of each student.
The Successful Applicant
- A Degree in Education; A Masters Degree is preferred
- 15 years experience in education
- Five years shall be successful experience in a Principals and/or leadership role at the lower school level
- Thorough knowledge and hands-on experience of the principles, methods, strategies, goals and objectives of international curriculum
- A proven track record developing and implementing an integrated curriculum
- Knowledge of procedures, techniques and strategies pertaining to the administration of school level operation
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and coordinate the management functions and activities of school operation
- Ability to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with frequent interruptions
- Ability to promote a positive, caring climate for learning
- Ability to effectively analyse problems, issues and concerns and formulate appropriate alternative solutions
- Ability to deal sensitively and fairly with persons from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to interact effectively with student, staff, parents and community members
- Organizational, prioritization, communication and interpersonal skills required to achieve the goals of the position
- Prior experience working and/or living overseas in Asia or other foreign countries are highly preferred
What's on Offer
This Principal's position is an ideal role for a current Head of Primary to move into a highly independent role as the overall Head of School. A passion for curriculum building is essential for this position as the ability to motivate and support the current teaching staff and student body.
Candidates that have worked internationally are highly sought after.
The compensation level for this role will be directly in line with International Schools in Shanghai. Housing, education, relocation, return flights and health-care will all be factored into a very comprehensive package.