Private Equity Accountant - Boston, MA
Based in Back Bay
Reports directly into the Accounting Manager
About Our Client
My client is a prestigious private equity firm based in Boston's Back Bay. The accounting team is currently around 14 strong and they are based in Downtown Boston. Interviews will be conducted remotely and the role will start as soon as social distancing orders are lifted in MA.
Reporting directly into the Accounting Manager and working in a team of 14 accounting professionals, the Private Equity Accountant's main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist in managing multiple complex private equity funds, including all financial and accounting matters relating to the agreements, incentive arrangements and structuring
- Ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all data provided, including external and internal reporting requirements
- Assisting with in-house accounting, preparation of monthly close and preparation of financial statements for internal review
- Maintain excellent working relationship with external suppliers, including external audit
- Report financial analysis regularly to Accounting Manager
- Small exposure to areas such as transactions, valuations etc.
The interview process will be remote but the role will start as soon as the social distancing order in MA is lifted. The role will therefore be based full-time downtown: 8:30am to 5:30pm without exception. Work from home flexibility is not available.
This recruitment assignment is exclusive to Tom Smith at Michael Page in Boston. Submit your resume today and it will be reviewing within 48 hours. If you are deemed suitable, you can expect a callback within one week of submission.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Private Equity Accounting
- A strong work ethic, loyalty, discretion and the highest ethical standards
- Ability to work in Boston's Back Bay.
- Flexible work arrangements and "work from home" is not available.
What's on Offer
- $ 80,000 to $ 90,000 total compensation (depending upon relevant experience)
- Full tuition reimbursement on any level of education e.g. CPA, MBA, Masters, CFP etc. (upon 1 year anniversary and onward)
- Downtown Boston/ Back Bay working location
- 401K plan
- Generous vacation time
- 8:30am to 5:30pm working hours (less on Fridays).