- Save Job
- Email job
- Support the deal team through operational due diligence
- Newly created role in a growing investment firm in NYC
About Our Client
Our client is a global investment management firm that is growing their business in the US with a focus on private equity. The team is looking for professionals coming from backgrounds in Audit, ODD, assurance, valuations, and accounting who want to make the move into Operational Due Diligence
- Conduct operational due diligence reviews on existing and prospective investments, including evaluations of the investment manager's organization, internal controls, operational support structure, trade processing environment, regulatory environment, compliance program, legal documentation, cash management procedures, valuation practices, NAV production, service providers, IT and cybersecurity, etc.
- Perform operational assessments and present findings to the Investment Committee
- Identify and deliver recommendations on best practices
- Coordinate and participate in external meetings with C-suite executives (e.g. COO, CFO) and other senior management personnel.
- Contribute to client engagement efforts and ongoing servicing
- Conduct reviews of key industry service providers such as fund administrators, third party valuation agents, compliance and IT consultants, prime brokers, etc.
- Review and negotiate legal documentation with underlying investment managers.
- Build a comprehensive understanding of the hedge fund and the broader alternative investment industry by participating in industry events
- Participate in strategic projects and initiatives around new market developments.
The Successful Applicant
- 4+ years in one of the following areas: ODD, audit, assurance, transaction advisory, financial due diligence, or valuations from a CPA firm or equivalent experience in a financial services firm
- This is an ideal opportunity for someone to move outside of a generic accounting role
What's on Offer
140-160k base salary, bonus, excellent experience to grow your career
Quote job ref
- CFO & Financial Management
- CFO & Financial Management Subsector
- Financial Services
- New York
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- Eric Fine
- Job reference