Procurement Category Director - EMEA Logistics
Newly Created Role
About Our Client
Our client is a global FMCG company.
The Global Category Lead provides global category leadership to maximize the value delivered through the category for all Business Groups across the company.
The GCL owns the global Category Strategy for the parent category and related sub-categories to leverage economies of scale, influence and modify demand,manage suppliers,optimize processes and drive innovation.
She/He embeds the Category Strategy through effective management and engagement with the global category Procurement community and business stakeholders.
- Accountable for the bottom-up aggregation of all category data across BG's and Corporate to inform the top-down target setting process
- Responsible for reconciling "gaps" between the bottom-up and top-down targets, and identifying initiatives required to close any such disparities
- Accountable for the overall delivery of the category targets following the target setting process
- Accountable for ensuring delivery against the Procurement Balanced Scorecard measures for the category
- Accountable for consolidating supplier, market, category and internal business data and information to inform the Category Strategy
- Ensure service deliver and continuity of supply for the company
- Work with IT and Plants to optimise processes and effectiveness
- Develop & implement Logistics Quality Management concept. Improve efficiency
- Translate business requirements into system and process changes.
- Investigate business needs and find best fitting solutions
- Build strong relationships with key suppliers in order to negotiate more innovative and beneficial contractual agreements and service levels
- Manage negotiation process, content and results. Lead the negotiation team to define the desired outcome of a negotiation
- Identify stakeholders; understand and interpret their current and future needs and manage their expectations. Give advice and build long-term value partnerships
- Collaborate closely with relevant departments to ensure understanding and compliance with key procurement strategies and policies
- Implement financial plans & budgets in order to meet goals, targets and objectives
- Ensure that financial resource allocation is cost-effective and aligned with strategic and operational plans
- Forecast, monitor, and communicate category price movements
- Provide periodic and adhoc reports and forecasts on performance against plan
Leadership and People Management
- Lead, develop, motivate and assign people to appropriate tasks. Ensure career development and succession planning is in place for the procurement function
- Ensure the right people are in the right place with the appropriate support to contribute to operating plan in order to deliver financial results in line with agreed budget
- Responsible for the individual performance management process for all functional reports and aligning this with the operational manager (i.e. Global Category Manager, Divisional Category Manager and Country Category Manager as applicable)
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred; in fields such as business administration, finance, law or a scientific or technical field. Strong preference for CIPS or similar professional qualification.
- 10+ years of Procurement experience, solid track record in Logistics category management.
- Solid experience leading and developing teams within a matrix organization and across geographies and cultures.
- Extensive experience in change and category management as well as senior level influencing.
- Significant leadership experience.
- English Fluent.
What's on Offer