Procurement Director - EMEA Events and Marketing
Newly created position
About Our Client
Our client is a global FMCG Company
- Identify, develop and communicate robust sourcing strategies related to Events, Marketing and Professional Services categories, using a structured and documented sourcing process.
- Efficiently support and manage the team to implement the respective categories.
- Define and deliver high level objectives and deliverables for the Regional Spend Categories under his / her scope to deliver competitive advantage to the business.
- Develop advanced category expertise by ensuring team capabilities and skills are in place.
- Oversee all due Sourcing activities, market analysis, RFx process, value analysis and design to cost initiatives for cost reduction, negotiations & contracts with vendors
- Contribute to the global sourcing strategy with global, regional inputs, implementation and communication plan and supplier management plan.
- Ensure continuous business connectivity interacting with senior Stakeholders, to gain support & buy-in to executing plans.
- Provides future costs estimations for budgeting purposes based on market evolution forecasts as well as internal product mix and volumes.
- Deliver category direction and influence pertinent strategy and decisions in the business.
- Ability to explain Procurement practices, benefits to the organization, the value of SRM participation in contract management.
Suppliers Relationship Management
- Segment supply base to identify key suppliers and implement specific strategies and governance to create value to the organization
- Ensure active measurement of the supplier's performance to the SOW is occurring and identification of root cause and corrective measures are established as the need arises.
Risk management & Metrics
- Drive risk/reward management mindset across the categories in order to optimize value creation and ensuring long-term competitiveness of regional businesses
- Ensure effective contracts management follow up of activities are in place to ensure compliance (e.g. Supplier agreements, Contracts, master data).
- Review, suggest and align on the overall process mapping optimization, contract management and thresholds for approval work flow
- Uses Data and predictive analytics to identify risks & opportunities
The Successful Applicant
Higher academic background with bachelor's degree in Marketing, Economics and/or Management, Supply Chain with additional advanced degrees (e.g. MBA, Procurement and SC certifications: APICS, CIPS, Lean Six Sigma is a plus)
10+ years of professional experience, ideally both in Events/marketing field and Procurement. The role implies the set up and development of category management, and requires a good knowledge of both disciplines.
Has successfully managed projects across different countries and regions.
Experienced in managing Supplier development initiatives and driving innovation through efficient supplier relationships
Experience in negotiating and influencing across multiple geographies & business
Excellent level of English
What's on Offer