- New position
- Dynamic market
About Our Client
Global materials solutions provider and manufacturer of chemicals with a focus on delivering innovative, sustainable, and value-creating products. The company is dedicated to making a positive impact on society by partnering with stakeholders and supporting the sustainability goals of customers in a wide range of end-markets including automotive, consumer electronics, appliances, medical devices, packaging, footwear, carpet, paper and board and building and construction.
As a result of the company's transformation journey, they became more exposed to third party agreements for Energy and associated risks. In parallel, Sustainability was placed at the core of their operations. This new job is put in place to lead/own the daily Sourcing & Contracting activities of the third-party agreements AND to support the transition towards a more sustainable energy portfolio. The role will be reporting into the Global Director Indirect Procurement.Key responsibilities
- "Change/Improve the Business:
- Co-develop and communicate comprehensive energy supply strategies, balancing risk management with opportunities to create competitive advantage.
- Support the energy transition strategy development and related sourcing of renewable energy options, including Power Purchase Agreements.
- Implement operational procedures and controls to ensure compliance with regulatory and internal guidelines.
- Optimize energy cost via hedging or other commercial/financial instruments.
- Provide energy expertise for projects and M&A activities
- "Run the Business"
- Manage together with the Energy Team and dedicated external partners, the energy portfolio across all regions and businesses.
- Lead negotiations with suppliers and ensure cross functional support/approvals of agreed to commercial terms; drive successful implementation of new agreements.
- Monitor and understand market trends, performing cost and scenario analysis to enable quality decision-making in close cooperation with the Sustainability Business & Services, the other Businesses and Functional stakeholders.
- Establish strong working relationships with key suppliers, internal business partners, stakeholders, and key decision makers.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree required
- 10-15 years of relevant experience in Energy Management, preferably in a cross-regional footprint.
- Analytical skill set to support review of energy procurement / risk management strategies, energy projects and related contracts.
- Understanding of Renewable Energy options and Power Purchase Agreements.
- Negotiation, conflict management and influencing skills
- Collaborate with business/ functional partners.
- Strong project management skills
- Strong business acumen
- Above all, the ability to be agile, adapt and produce in a fast-paced, changing environment
- The ability to balance management of multiple simultaneous transformational projects with day-to-day 'run the business'
- Excellent communication in English both written and spoken
- Possibilities to work remotely
What's on Offer
New position in a dynamic market.