Production and Quality Director
Dealing with the entire APAC region
Managing a large team of experts
About Our Client
My client is a leading European Retailer with outlets across Continental Europe. The Buying Office HQ is integral to the business and forms very strong ties with their Global Head Quarters. The business is continuing to develop and has worked on building a best in class reputation.
As the Production and Quality Director, you will be responsible for a team of 80 across the key locations of India, Bangladesh, Cambodia and Hong Kong as well as other locations. With a team of 80, you will be creating the overall strategy for the business in terms of Textiles and working closely with the apparel manufacturers to identify improvements on quality as well as process. Other responsibilities include:
* Supplier Management: transferring quality standards to the various suppliers across the region and ensuring that the textiles are sourced in the right regions and countries.
* working closely with the suppliers on areas such as Lean Manufacturing and ensuring the risk is mitigated.
* working to a Quality budget: understanding and implementing quality controls to make sure that the suppliers are running at optimum efficiency.
* putting in place the correct auditing process to ensure that there are no quality issues prior to delivery.
* creating the production and quality toolkit and up-skilling the current team and developing other areas.
You will be upgrading all areas of Production and Quality, working closely with the other directors in the business to create an outstanding Sourcing and Quality function.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Production and Quality candidate will have worked in highly complex and matrix lead organisations across the region. With a technical background in both Textiles and Quality, you will have previously managed large teams of professionals within APAC. Other attributes include:
* true expertise in the textile industry; able to quickly assess what needs to happen and what processes need to be put in place.
* strategic planning experience: this is a large team across multiple locations and you will have previously worked with/in locations such as Vietnam and Cambodia and know what issues there may be with quality and also capacity.
* track record of implementing both QA and QC and have examples of innovative projects that you have run and lead.
* Fluent in French, ideally having worked in the region previously.
You will be a very motivated candidate who has progressed at a rapid rate and you will have worked in the retail and sourcing area, making this your profession. Ability to deal with difficult stakeholders and justify your decisions will be key for the successful candidate.
What's on Offer
Working in a large organisation where the potential for progression is huge.