Production Director - Automotive Components Manufacturer
Long term career opportunity
Established engineering / manufacturing business with excellent growth potential
About Our Client
Our client is an established and growing manufacturing group who provide heavy engineering solutions into the automotive sector with a large manufacturing operation based in the North East, UK. Looking ahead, they are forecasting continued growth and are looking for an extremely high calibre and experienced Production Director.
The manufacturing business is part of a privately owned and financed group of industrial manufacturing businesses. After acquisition, each subsidiary business is kept autonomous, not absorbed or subsumed into a larger entity and the strategy is to grow and develop each business with investment capital and add-on acquisitions. The Group is well capitalised, has a strong balance sheet, and is cash rich.
Reporting into the Managing Director the Production Director will be part of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Report into the Managing Director and part of the leadership team who are taking the business on an exciting transformation growth agenda.
- Provide a contribution to defining company strategy and converting company strategy into manufacturing strategy.
- Provide leadership to the production team, (circa 300 employees), providing effective mentoring and development of leadership team managing the day to day UK manufacturing operations.
- Implementation and delivery of KPIs and performance management initiatives.
- Develop manufacturing budget, reporting on budget, and maximising efficiency of CapEx projects.
- Ensure manufacturing operations and purchasing are completed on time and to the required quality.
- Lead for continuous improvement initiatives focused on increasing gross margin, reducing waste, improving quality, reducing lead time and improving overall customer service.
- Install a positive working culture of financial performance and profit growth.
- Strong focus and understanding of heath and safety metrics.
- Identify CAPEX requirements and provide clear return on investment business cases for such plans.
The Successful Applicant
- Experienced leader who has a demonstrable track record of success in a similar role.
- Strong leader of operational staff able to embed changes quickly and ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members.
- Capable at developing KPIs and action plans.
- Technical production background ideally experienced with processes incorporating large pressings / assemblies / fabrication and painting.
- Background in tooling management and maintenance.
- Good understanding of quality requirements & procedures to automotive standards.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and the tools associated.
- Flexibility of thinking with an informal and inclusive leadership style that would suit a rapidly expanding SME environment.
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Hands on/can do attitude with an open and likeable personality with honesty and integrity.
- Can operate equally effectively in the boardroom and on the shop floor.
What's on Offer
Competitive executive salary and bonus package on offer for successful candidate plus benefits.