- Save Job
- Email job
- An opportunity to join a major bank leading a multi year replatforming programme
- Must have Programme Director experience on major technology and business driven
About Our Client
A major global retail bank based in London.
The Programme Director - Mortgage replatforming will take lead accountability for the inception, build and execution of large scale transformational programmes, which are designed to enable the overall business strategy. The role is responsible for designing and managing an appropriate framework which will enable the effective delivery of major change programs. The primary elements of the role;
- Be accountable for managing a process to ensure that is effectively prioritised in conjunction with the Transformation Plan, to ensure constructive challenge, and strong alignment to the overarching business strategy
- Set clear objectives for projects, to ensure business benefits are stated and achieved.
- Be accountable for the implementation of transformational changes, to ensure that change is managed in an efficient and effective manner.
- Be accountable for driving major transformation projects, which are often complex in nature, requiring extensive cross functional and cross business co-ordination.
- Be accountable for overseeing efficient resource allocation, creating and leading a business change centre of excellence, bringing discipline and consistency to the way in which change is executed.
- The individual will be directly accountable for the end to end implementation, management and execution of business transformation projects, and this will require extensive oversight and coaching of members of the team.
- Accountable for set up and management of the scope, governance, approach and execution of transformational change projects, ensuring an effective overall framework is imbedded into the business.
- Own the process for the agreement of policy, decisions and assumptions across stakeholders by influencing and discussing these points with individuals within teams such as Product, Customer, Channel, Risk, Legal, Compliance, Finance, and Technology to enable successful programme delivery.
- Accountable for preparing, presenting and managing steering committee materials and decisions to present to senior audiences across the organisation.
- Definition and management of resource needs and plans to ensure timely delivery of the programmes and projects.
- Lead collaboration and partnering with all stakeholder groups. Ensure project interdependencies are understood and accommodated.
- Accountable for setting direction and prioritisation of activities within the team according to stakeholder needs, responsibility for managing workloads and team cohesion to enable effective delivery to the project portfolio.
- Accountable for design and management of plans and resources to deliver agreed goals, identifying and managing assumptions, dependencies, risks and issues and revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Ensure team members understand programme approaches, their challenges and complexities as well as the surrounding business impacts and dependencies
- Champion and provide thought leadership for delivery of the programme. Define and manage with the central programme office the project budget and financial forecasts, ensuring delivery to time and budget.
- Manage the production of required deliverables, well-documented, auditable project documentation and report deliverable status on an ongoing basis.
- Initiate, formulate, and present recommendations to stakeholders within the portfolio, business stakeholders and senior management to negotiate and influence decisions to enable strategic direction, delivery and execution.
The Successful Applicant
Programme Director - Mortgage replatforming Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Experience delivering transformational change, gaining consensus and momentum for change and influencing multiple stakeholders from varied functions when dealing with complexity and ambiguity.
- Strong experience leading delivering major platform driven Programmes from both a technology and business perspective within Financial Services.
- Experience of leading retail banking Programmes ideally within Mortgages.
- Proven ability to lead and manage large direct and indirect teams made up of different resource types including analysts, project managers, technology and business SME's.
- Strong communication skills, with experience of working with and presentation to diverse and challenging senior stakeholders at steering committee/MD level.
- Identification of linkage, dependencies and impacts in complex changing environments.
- Desired Project Management Professional accreditation from the Project Management Institute.
- Graduate calibre with significant commercial management experience across a number of business disciplines.
- Confident in understanding banks business strategy and ensuring projects are delivering to that strategy.
What's on Offer
A strong director level package.
- CIO & IT Leadership
- CIO & IT Leadership Subsector
- Financial Services
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- David Stansfield
- Job reference