- Project Manager
- Large Capex Manufacturing Build in Ontario
About Our Client
Market leading Canadian owned manufacturing business is building a $300 million facility, this PM will be leader for this project.
A project manager works for a manufacturing and/or construction business and oversees large scale projects for the Company.
As project manager, you use project management skills to coordinate project timelines, schedules, and equipment, as well as ensure that safety guidelines are met and potential risks are eliminated. The successful candidate will be accountable for technical quality, cost, schedule and safety on technically challenging and diverse types of projects.
The project manager must consistently oversee the operations in the field, pro-active a capable to roll-up the sleeves when necessary
You may also provide project status reports to VP of Engineering and handle any changes to project plans.
Duties and Responsibilities
Manages, plans, and coordinates activities of projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
Lead projects and plans, determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of projects.
Establishes work plan and multi-disciplinary staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel. Manage sub-contractors and their workforce.
Resourcefulness and capability to define, develop and lead multidisciplinary projects with a strong business sense is critical to this role. The successful candidate will be working with a regional team leading large-scale, multi-disciplinary projects, focusing on greenfield projects, building and construction management, equipment installation and commissioning, and whatever is necessary to complete the assigned projects within the established timeline and approved budget
The successful candidate will oversee small/medium/large large-scale projects and will be accountable for technical quality, cost, schedule and safety on technically challenging and diverse types of projects.
Prepares project reports for management or others and modifies schedules or plans as required
Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
Oversees technical content of procedures and control programming for training when needed
Resolve technical issues and challenges that design-engineering-installation-commissioning of a single piece of equipment, a full production line, a complete manufacturing facility
The Successful Applicant
- Has led greenfield manufacturing site build of over $10 million before.
- Has a demonstrable history of delivering project on time and on budget
- Has a proactive hands-on focussed style
- Can communicate nationally and the engineering hub is in Toronto and Chicago
- 5-10 years of experience in operations/project management medium-large scale
- Operational experience with time studies, Six Sigma, Kaizen, VSM and other plant efficiency tools
- Excellent planning, organizational, communication skills
- Ability to operate in a systematic and logical manner
- Consistently exercise good judgment, critical thinking
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance (OHSA, building code, Electrical and environmental code)
- Proficient with autocad, Ms-project or equivalent project management tools
- Past experience in the corrugated packaging industry is an asset
- Must be willing to travel when necessary, and work independently and remotely in offices when required.
- Self-starter and with a willingness to learn and experience
What's on Offer
Market leading package and opportunity for the successful PM.