Excellent opportunity to work in a growing business
Multiple projects and programs planned to deliver
About Our Client
A leading global manufacturing business which is looking to expand further. They currently have a number of interesting projects underway hence they need to identify a strong Project Director/Director of Transformation.
You will be responsible for driving change, transformation and improvement programmes for the business and relevant subsidiaries.
The role will be varied as you may be involved with systems implementations, post M&A integration, driving continuous improvement programmes, cost saving initiatives, on and off-shoring projects and even assisting with new potential acquisitions amongst other projects, as and when they arise. Key specifics include:
- Project management; planning; governance; roles and responsibilities; processes; issue, risk and change tracking; resource allocation (in project)
- Financial tracking of projects including WIP management and resource allocation and pipeline management,
- programme governance processes and frameworks with risk, issue and change tracking and escalation
- Internal consulting to provide strategic input for existing and potential transformation programmes
The Successful Applicant
You will be a very strong strategic business partner. Whether you have begun your career in a tier one consulting environment or with a market leader in industry, you will have been responsible for delivering complex, large scale projects and programmes. A strong communicator at board and senior management team level, you will be a commercially astute individual who proactively seeks to enhance business performance - in a project/programme environment and beyond.
With a background in international businesses, you will demonstrate strong leadership skills and be familiar working in matrix environments, ideally in an acquisitive environment. Key requirements include:
- Ability to see the wider business context, understand interlocking dependencies and provide solutions to any challenges that arise
- Be a proven self-starter who effectively manages and coordinate the activities of multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to simplify complex programmes to highlight key issues for escalation and also resolve key issues proactively
- Have personal and business maturity that leads to confident and rational business decisions
- Demonstrate the highest level of personal integrity and will value the contributions of others
- Strong financial acumen to understand business implications of potential decisions in the project portfolio
- Prince 2 certification or similar Project/programme methodology will be useful
What's on Offer
- International working environment and regional responsibility
- Excellent colleagues to work with in a collaborative environment
- Opportunity to contribute to the strategic direction of the business as well as delivering on interesting projects