Excellent organization to work for.
Growing manufacturing organization
About Our Client
Market leading and expanding, industrial manufacturing organization.
- Lead and manage the day-to-day operations of the Purchasing Team
- Responsible for identifying, establishing and managing team goals and objectives with primary focus on inventory control, cost management, material support and supplier performance.
- Oversee the purchase requisition and purchase order approval processes.
- Negotiate and direct development of purchase orders, supply agreements, and competitive bids.
- Annual standard setting on purchased parts
- Develop and implement strategies for negotiations of price reductions, terms, and conditions.
- Analyze material requirements through forecasts and initiate purchasing activity based on current needs analysis.
- Facilitate activities between supplier and internal customers in communicating requests and resolving problems such as design issues, changes in specifications, and/or non-compliance in both product quality & documentation.
- Lead supplier selection and qualification team.
- Prepare reports and presentations, and work on special projects as required.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree required
- 8+ years of experience in managing and leading large teams, preferably within a manufacturing environment; ability to think strategically
- Travel 10-20%
- Strong client-facing and communication skills
- Experience with ERP systems; Epicor preferred
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- High level verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated technical aptitude, full comprehension of office management systems and procedures.
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in all MS-Office applications; Excel required.
- Proven ability to translate data into meaningful planning information for Finance, Customer Service and Operations teams.
- Ability to build relationships across all levels of the organization
- Highly skilled in all aspects of planning and project management
What's on Offer
Excellent compensation package and career opportunities