- global SSC located in Warsaw
- responsibility for Western Europe, EMEA MTO, and CEE Cluster
About Our Client
Our client is a global SSC located in Warsaw. We support them in hiring the best talent for a position in the FRA department. The person in the role will act as R2R Manager, focusing on leading Financial Accounting and Reporting for all countries, managing the people, resources, and information systems, including financial, tax, and inventory control across all relevant Business Units. In addition, the person will be responsible for Western Europe, EMEA MTO, and CEE Cluster. The role will be based in Warsaw.
- Actively engage in the EMEA Leadership team in setting the EMEA vision and objectives, contributing to the transition strategy of new FRA operations, and supporting the implementation of agreed-upon regional policies.
- Develop a high-performing team of FRA leads and teams for countries in scope by engaging, motivating, and providing the appropriate support through the proper staffing, retention, and recognition of talents
- Own EMEA R2R RPO activities implementation in the region
- Actively manage the FRA cluster budget and headcount to ensure targets, including the management of risk and associated impacts
- Ownership of all Financial Reporting & Accounting activities for defined Cluster.
- Prepare the regular financial statements review, developing tools and processes for consistent quality and efficiency improvements across the regional FRA organizations.
- Proactively manage potential risks to FRA service delivery and performance, i.e., early identification of root causes for issues and taking corrective actions to remediate/solve
- FRA Transformation
- Build the new team according to the organization's design principles with the right talent and within the allotted time.
- Communicate appropriately within the FRA community, with the broader Finance community, and with the business before, during, and after the transition period
- Ensure the creation and documentation of all desktop procedures to secure knowledge transfer and help mitigate attrition.
- Ensure full compliance to AFCM/SOX 404 requirements driving the Internal Control annual cycle within the Reporting Units for assigned controls
- Manage the quarterly SOX 302 certification process and work with Global FRA Operations to clarify issues
- Manage a large, diverse team to deliver a high-performing organization
- Recruit, train, and develop financial associates to provide high-quality service levels and support backup and succession planning.
- Change Agent within the Group, constantly leading best practice sharing, process improvements, and developing the teams' profile, skills, and talent.
- Active attendance at the Regional project meetings to ensure the FRA R2R AGS Warsaw views are heard and taken into account when implementing significant changes to the EMEA FRA function
The Successful Applicant
- Certified specialist (i.e., Chartered Accountant, CPA) for Finance and Accounting or similar University degree
- 10+ years experience in Financial reporting and accounting department
- Excellent understanding and ability with ERP systems, as well as relevant financial sub-systems, familiar with built-in controls and information flow
- Strong leadership and management skills - line management, coaching, mentoring & development of team members
- Strong knowledge and practice of IFRS
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Experience in large-scale industrial multinational environment and western and eastern European markets
- Experience in Finance Transformation, including building new teams, bringing in R2R activities from legacy teams, stakeholder management, and operational excellence
- Process improvement (Six Sigma green or black belt certification)
- Fluent in English (C1 level is a minimum)
- Knowledge of one of the European languages as an advantage
What's on Offer
- Autonomy and space for taking ownership of processes
- Stable employment based on an employment contract
- Competitive salary package adequate to European benchmarks (basic salary + annual bonus)
- A hybrid model of work
- Company car with a fuel card
- Medical care for employees and family members
- Life insurance
- and other benefits