- Reference data Interim required for a 6 month contract with an Investment Bank
- Head of Reference Data or Reference Data Manager Opportunity
About Our Client
Well established International Investment bank, very attractive employer with great team and company culture. Located in London, they have a hybrid home / remote set up for employees to enjoy a great work / life balance.
- Take a lead role in reference data management services for the bank
- Creation and on-going data maintenance of financial instrument data across various asset classes include fixed income, convertible bonds, warrants, equities and derivatives.
- Monitoring data quality, performing reconciliations and carrying out validation exercises against various market data sources.
- Investigating and resolving data exceptions.
- Acting as a point of contact for queries from different business areas, building collaborative relationships with internal clients.
- Work with Technology developers to ensure enhancements are fully tested ahead of production release.
- Able to identify process and governance improvement opportunities to develop the reference data services.
- Assisting with new developments and projects to improve efficiency, productivity, and data standards.
- Identifying control weaknesses, process enhancements and efficiency relating to Data Services and recommending procedural and process changes.
- A subject matter expert on a range of financial instruments with an in-depth understanding of how they work and associated data attributes.
The Successful Applicant
- Experienced reference data professional who can provide enterprise wide reference data expertise.
- Good understanding of financial instruments including Equities, Convertible Bonds and Fixed Income products is a fundamental requirement.
- Experience working in similar data management functions, ideally a buy-side/investment banking environment or a reputable data management company.
- The capacity to work in an (internal) client facing role, liaising with senior stakeholders, working to deadlines.
- Self-starter and quick learner.
- Good communication skills, able to communicate with staff at all levels.
- Knowledge of derivative products such as Listed derivatives, CDS, IRS and Ascots advantageous.
- Experience with SQL as well as advanced Excel skills (VBAs, Macros etc.) would be advantageous.
- Experience working with Sybase databases and database schema knowledge advantageous.
- Experience working with Bloomberg BackOffice data files advantageous
- Experience working on systems such as Ion/Anvil and Fidessa advantageous.
What's on Offer
Currently a 6 month Interim contract (Inside IR35):
£600 - £800 PAYE. There is also an opportunity to apply for the permanent position longer-termLocated in London, City