Regional Finance Manager
Newly created role sitting on regional management team
Regional Financial Manager position for global manufacturing business
About Our Client
Our client is a leading manufacturing business internationally with a market leading product offering. They are a highly acquisitive organisation which has led to an incredible growth and expansion of both revenue and the internal finance structure.
Reporting into the VP Finance in Europe and working closely with local controllers in region, your responsibilities will include:
- To ensure all business activities in the countries of the Region meet requirements for profit, cash flow, return on investment and sustainable growth specified in the region's business plans;
- Work with local teams so that the finance transition continues in the countries within the region to drive process improvements leading to accounting simplification, standardisation and reduction in cost;
- To provide the regional financial analysis including explanations on variances to budget and to develop plans for any necessary turnaround activity;
- Ensure Region Cost Controlling, budgeting and mid-term planning and guarantee management of working capital as well as continuous improvement of financial processes, including regional operations controlling support;
- Operative controlling/accounting and report management (for planning and special reports) to support Region and site management in terms of plan realisation (Controlling/IFRS Standards);
- Ensure and review the month-end closing process, tax declarations, balance sheet audits, statutory audits, dunning process;
- Create strategic and operative capital expenditure plans to support management decision-making (Capital- and Investment Planning; Working Capital);
- Prepare a profit plan for the area of responsibility in compliance with the company's specifications and Region strategic planning (Group Controlling& Accounting);
- The review and design of the organisation and processes of the subordinate structure to guarantee optimal internal and external customer-oriented development and interfacing, as well as granting employees independent areas of competence and latitude for goal achievement;
- The effective implementation of the strategies, specifications and guidelines in the
areas of site controlling, finance and administration, as well as ensuring that the sites
have the resources and skills required for task fulfilment (Site Support).
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have +14 years' Finance experience in multinational companies. Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or Business Administration. Master's in management highly desirable.
You will be also having a strong background in;
- Qualified Accountant(CMA, CPA) with strong academic profile and the ability to understand complexity
- Strong technical Financial Control skills, who has ideally operated in a business partnering role
- Commercial mindset who is highly analytical with excellent internal stakeholder management skills
- Prior P&L experience looking after or working in a multi-site region or business unit is a distinct advantage
- Highly motivated and comfortable with frequent travel
- Strong manager and leader of people, who can manage a multi-site team
- Self starter, task and deadline focused individual
- Highly motivated by career progression as the business grows
- Excellent interpersonal skills with credibility and influence at senior levels
What's on Offer
A highly competitive remuneration package will be made available for exceptional applicants.