Regional Head of Depositary Services
An individual to lead the depositary services business in the UK
Your team will provide depositary services to a diverse portfolio of clients
About Our Client
My client are a first class fund adminstrator, experiencing significant growth whilst still retaining a "boutique" feel. They presently have over 400 funds under administration.
Key responsibilities to include:
- Work with the UK depositary management team to ensure that high levels of client service are delivered on a day-to-day basis across the client portfolio;
- Ensure that all client outputs are subject to satisfactory review, are of sufficient quality and demonstrate detailed understanding;
- Lead the development and maintenance of executive-level relationships including, but not limited to, periodic client relationship meetings and the formal presentation of reports to client boards; and
- Support the depositary management team in developing relationships with other internal teams providing services to the same clients.
- Act as line manager to the UK depositary leadership team, ensuring that they are effectively supervised, coached, directed, engaged and encouraged through their day-to-day work and longer-term ambitions;
- Support the depositary management team in managing their respective teams including, but not limited to, training, development and/or promotion considerations; and
- Work with depositary management team on all aspects of junior team member recruitment and the relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in building the depositary service offering in the UK, acting as the first point of contact for proposal-drafting, fee and team considerations;
- Work effectively with the business development and leadership teams to facilitate effective response to reactive opportunities as well as developing and delivering on a plan of proactive existing and prospective client development intermediary relationship development;
- Support the Group Head of Depositary Services in the ongoing assessment and development of business development and marketing material and profile-building in our core and target markets; and
Financial performance management
- Lead the UK Depositary Services budget-setting process and remain responsible for the delivery of this, ensuring effective ongoing monitoring and decision-making;
- Ensure appropriate fees are agreed with all UK depositary clients and that client and team-specific financial considerations are adequately managed and addressed; and
- Lead strong working capital performance across the UK depositary business by liaising effectively with our internal finance team and our clients on billing, invoice and payment considerations.
- Actively contribute to the representation of the Group depositary business on internal operational committees and working groups; and
- Assist the Group depositary leadership team in assessing and developing the depositary services operating model relationships with third parties.
- Assume all formal regulatory responsibilities functions as a head of depositary services in the UK as determined by the Financial Conduct Authority;
- Assume formal regulatory responsibility for the client asset servicing obligations as defined by the FCA; and
- Represent the UK depositary business on the UK jurisdiction's board of directors.
- Act as a higher-level authority for internal and external risk considerations including, but not limited to, new business risk assessments, financial decisions and formal client communications;
- Work with the UK depositary management team to ensure that the internal control framework is consistently delivered across the UK depositary business; and
- Act as the first point of contact for legal, compliance audit and risk review planning, delivery and outcomes related to the UK depositary business.
The Successful Applicant
- Delivered and/or lead the provision of professional services to a portfolio of clients;
- You will have previously operated successfully at board level, including writing and presenting reports and maintaining ongoing relationships with executive-level people;
- A relevant professional qualification such as ACCA, ACA, ICSA or equivalent;
- You will have been responsible for all aspects of running a successful business or business unit including, but not limited to, operational, risk, financial and people performance as well as more medium-term strategic considerations;
- You will have worked in an FCA-regulated environment;
- A successful business developer, including relationship development and maintenance, drafting proposals, fee quotations and presentation scenarios;
- Management of senior people, and providing indirect leadership to their respective teams;
- Sound technical knowledge, a commercial outlook but also a strong appreciation of the importance of risk, compliance and regulation; and
A background in private equity and/or real estate funds is desirable, but not essential
What's on Offer
An excellent salary and bonuses are available and whilst the team are located in Hampshire, candidates from further afield would also be considered, with a flexible working approach.