Regional Head of Regulatory - Global FMCG
Global Reporting Line - Food and Beverage
Based in Malaysia or other major SEA cities
About Our Client
Our client is an internationally recognised FMCG and market leader in the CPG sector. With over 100 years of proven success, this dynamic organisations continues to expand their global footprint.
Reporting to the Global Head of Regulatory Affairs, you will be tasked with managing a regional team and over 15 countries. Main responsibilities will include:
- Work proactively to put in place a regional road map that allows you and your team to be ahead of new regulations that enter the market
- Working in close partnership with your global team and key team members located across the region and the globe
- Analyse, provide advice, and help develop strategies on proposed global food standards and potential trade issues related to food additives and contaminants relevant to foods and beverages
- Prepare and advocate company positions on global food standards to internal and external stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for regulatory alignment in collaboration with the Scientific & Regulatory Affairs network and manage such projects
- Provide guidance on regulatory issues to internal clients and help develop innovative solutions
- Guide and assist in preparing regulatory submissions on health care to global organisations and other regulatory authorities
- Manage the distribution of information on global standards, positions, and other regulatory information to internal clients as needed
The Successful Applicant
- 15 years of work experience with a significant time as a senior Regulatory Affairs leader
- Extensive experience in a regional or sub-regional role
- A proven leader with the ability in influence and drive change
- Regulatory affairs: Experience in beverage or food industry in scientific and regulatory affairs or relevant related field in food industry, government or related industry in similar roles managing regulatory issues impacting products, ingredients, and labelling
- International organisations:Experience in international food standard setting processes and reviewing and analysing proposed standards
- Advocacy: Understanding of the key issues and the relevant regulatory and scientific proof points to support regulatory advocacy by developing positions to support innovation of ingredients, products, or labelling.
- Ingredients: Understanding the technological need for food additives and typical contaminants found in foods and their regulatory principles defining the permissibly and limitations of use.
- Trade associations: Understanding of key trade associations and global regulatory policy landscape affecting food and health care industry
What's on Offer
The is a great opportunity for a Regulatory Affairs expert to lead a regional team and a function that supports 15+ countries.