Regional Learning & Development Director, APAC
Fast-paced global MNC
Transformational learning and development environment and role
About Our Client
Our client is a leader in its field and is pacing the way for growth in the Asia Pacific region. They are looking for a seasoned HR professional in Learning and Development who can continue to lead a robust and effective L&D team and support the talent development and organization development objectives in this region.
As the Regional Head for the Learning & Development team, your primary role is to oversee the delivery of a full suite of blended learning solutions across the region. Working closely with the senior leadership and global team, you will formulate the appropriate L&D objectives and strategies according to the vision of the business to ensure the L&D function continues to be relevant and effective. It is critical to ensure quality delivery of the learning solutions, and have a clear and concise measurement of the impact on productivity. You will partner closely with the global talent development function to drive a consistent and programmatic L&D offering to the business, ensuring that solutions are fully blended, highly digitized and scalable. You may design customized talent development plans based on individual or regional business needs, and work with the leaders to ensure we get the most out of the people to achieve the business goals. You may also deliver high impact management and leadership programs, and be a motivational and inspirational coach to continue to develop the existing L&D team in the region.
The Successful Applicant
As a senior leadership appointment in this organisation, it is imperative that applicants have certain existing skills and experiences in order to have both short term and long term business impact potential. The following would be the ideal requirements for the position:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource, Organisational Development or other related field
- At least 15 years of relevant working experience in learning and development, talent development and management, HR, with most recent years in a regional leadership position
- Experience in developing and managing sales leadership learning programs
- Experience gained in a large organization in industries such as technology, professional services, consultancy or financial services could be advantageous but not a must
- Strong people management and organizational development experience
- Strategic thinking, and execution ability to set direction and shape future development
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to influence senior stakeholders in the region
What's on Offer
This position is a high profile L&D role as people is the heart of the business, and the company continues to invest in continuous learning for the people. Learning would need to be fun, interactive and innovative and make an impact. Good career progression opportunities regionally and globally.