Regional Legal Counsel - Asia (Fortune 500 Pharmaceutical org)
Broad regional legal scope of work for a leading pharmaceutical brand
Drive growth through M&A/Licensing of new products
About Our Client
A global pharmaceutical leader, this organisation's revenues exceed USD 20 billion and has a wide variety of products that cater to several therapy areas such as pain, cardiology, diabetes and oncology.
- Assist and advise business from a legal point of view to manage risk and enable growth in Asia
- Accountability for all Asia legal matters for the business unit
- Drive M&A related activities that revolve around licensing/acquisition of products
- Assess existing and proposed commercial relationships to ensure their implications are fully understood
- Draft, negotiate and finalise wide range of definitive agreements in conjunction with various departments to ensure relationships align with international templates and processes and are properly defined and recorded.
- Preparation and approval of contracts with Legal Operations, developing, implementing and maintaining appropriate standard form contracts and templates and standard operating procedures.
- Monitor key contractual relationships for proper performance by both parties
- Coordinate, draft and finalise agreements and corporate documents
contractual due diligence activities
- Advise on all legal aspects relevant to the organisation's businesses including commercial / pharmaceutical regulatory framework
The Successful Applicant
- A minimum of 8 years experience as a PQE lawyer with a Tier 1/Global law firm followed by a minimum of 4+ years experience as an in-house counsel at a pharmaceutical organisation
- Strong knowledge of regulations and rules governing the marketing and promotion of pharmaceutical and consumer health products
- Experience in working on licensing deals (in-licensing, out-licensing and M&A)
What's on Offer
- A senior level legal role with a global leader in the pharmaceutical industry