Regional Vice President - Digital
Great opportunity to jion a pretigious global brand
Being the key person to design and implement the digital strategy
About Our Client
Our client is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 13 premier brands. The Company's portfolio included more than 700 properties in 56 countries, and 59 hotels in China. Within the business growth, they are now looking for a Regional Vice President for the Digital Marketing team, this key position will be fully in charge of the digital strategy's design and implementation for China region.
- Set overall digital and e-Commerce direction for China to help drive room and other related revenues (i.e. F&B, spa, meetings, etc.) for all hotels in the region.
- Maintain overall hotel digital budgets and related vendor/agency relationships (i.e. Supporting contracting, billing and invoicing needs for the region). Management of the Chain-funded media for China, to drive digital marketing initiatives which more broadly promote the region and drive online revenues.
- Provide ongoing updates of industry news, trends, issues, site features and best practices to senior management and help educate leadership and hotels on digital marketing essentials. Support outbound China strategy, providing trends and ideas that can help hotels outside of the region generate more business from this significant group of travellers. Ongoing discussions and information sharing with senior leadership both in the region and more broadly in Asia Pacific/globally on our China digital strategy. Meet with digital and e-Commerce industry representatives in China (i.e. vendors, agencies, media partners such as Tencent, Alibaba, Baidu etc.) to gain insight on localised best practices and to develop new strategic partnerships
- Work closely with the Revenue Management, Distribution, Marketing Communications, Social Media and Information Technology leaders to maximize efficiencies with the region's digital strategies, with the ultimate goal to optimize the balance between direct and indirect online conversions and increase share of wallet
- Oversee strategic management of critical 3rd party China platforms including but not limited to Fliggy, WeChat, JD.com, etc to support incremental online transactions (Rooms, F&B, Spa, etc), and robust loyalty program integration.
- Support roll out of additional digital cluster managers in key markets across China including regions such as Shanghai and Southern China. Focusing on the growth of digital talent across China will be crucial to ensure proper resources are in place that can support this dynamic and growing region of the world.
- Collaborate with digital agencies to develop annual business plans for hotels and the region, to ensure comprehensive strategic recommendations and ROI goals are in place for SEO, PPC, mobile, display and other digital activity.
- Assist regional and global efforts such as the client's website and app localisation for China, global and regional marketing campaigns, and special sales promotions such as 11/11.
The Successful Applicant
- 12-15 years minimum experience with digital media planning, strategy and implementation (SEO, PPC, display, mobile and social platforms) relevant to local market (hospitality experience preferred but not required)
- Previous experience working for or with a digital agency preferred
- Web-related project management experience preferred, along with strong technology and integration knowledge (i.e. API integration for direct room selling and other services through 3rd party channels)
- This position requires strong knowledge of general digital marketing and e-Commerce practices acquired through formal education and/or 10+ years of on the job experience at manager/director level
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or business management preferred
- Language requirements: Fluent in Mandarin/Simplified Chinese, preferred fluency in spoken and written English as well
What's on Offer
- Competitive package;
- Work with a dynamic regional digital and marketing team