Relationship Manager - Tech & VC Banking - Phoenix, AZ
Based in San Diego, CA
$20B Business Bank
About Our Client
With more than $ 20B in assets, the Bank is one of the countries highest performing banks. They are on a sound financial footing and have experienced impressive growth in recent years. In addition, they are ranked highly by Forbes as one of the best banks to work for in the USA. This role is for the Business Banking division within their operations. Their sector coverage broad but mainly technology, life sciences, hospitality, nonprofit, natural resources, renewables and financial services.
As a Relationship Manager, you are responsible for making sure that client's needs are met, and always being on the lookout for how we can do things better. Analyzing financial data to make sure that the client is within their covenants and identifying when a conversation needs to take place. Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Source prospects and develop new customer relationships
- Works closely with the Managing Director
- Manages team of 3-5 Commercial Bankers
- Engage in business development activities and developing new business
- Involved in and interfaces with credit administration to ensure loan quality, and risk rating goals are met and the regions loan portfolio is managed
- Analyze credit-worthiness, structure and negotiate loan transactions, prepare loan proposals, and present credits to the loan committee for approval
- With assistance of credit analysts, prepare credit write-ups which are complete and adhere to Bank standards
- Maintain an effective calling program on customers, prospects and referral sources
- Identify cross-sell opportunities and make appropriate referrals
Submit your resume to for consideration within 48 hours.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive benefits package, will will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of related experience
- Significant team management experience
- Work related experience must consist of a basic lending background including negotiating, underwriting and coordinating the closing of a variety of major and complex consumer, residential, equipment, and business loans; relationship development, experience in the financial services industry.
- Knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations
- Extensive knowledge in all facets of relationship management
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Ability to work in, or be relocated to Phoenix, AZ.
What's on Offer
- Base salary of $ 175,000 and $ 250,000
- 25% commission on all new business generated
- $25,000 stock
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Sign on bonus
- 75% match on 401K contributions
- 16 week maternity leave
- There is not an extensive amount of travel in this role, with the exception of local travel to clients.