(REMOTE) Head of eCommerce - CPG
Rapidly growing multi-national CPG firm, high impact P&L ownership role
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, who reports to Head of US business
About Our Client
Our client is a rapidly growing consumer goods company looking for a Head of eCommerce to own the Company's eCommerce P&L.
The Head of eCommerce will manage and execute best in class eCommerce growth initiatives to drive sales and provide a market competitive customer experience. This candidate will work closely with cross-functional partners and agencies in executing a clear road map that aligns with business priorities. The Head of eCommerce reports to the VP of Marketing, who reports to the Head of US business.
- Drive profitable eCommerce business for all brands across the USA and manage eCommerce operations
- Identify needs and areas of opportunity, guide best practices to further drive the businesses and recommendations based on results to increase sales, Average Order Size (AOS), Average Unit Sale (AUS), and repeat purchases.
- Optimize the digital shelf
- Manage demand generation. Work with Marketing and Sales teams to conceptualize and execute digital campaigns for current products, innovation, key occasions and other online traffic-driving activities
- Support strategy to drive retailer.com sales and work with internal sales teams to ensure offline strategies are executed seamlessly with online
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on development of online-exclusive products if needed. Ensure concept, forecasting, and marketing assets are delivered to meet business needs. Ensure holistic execution of omnichannel & pure-play portfolio.
- Collaborate with Marketing to ensure placement, imagery, pricing, product descriptions, and POS are up to date
- Attract, retain and develop new innovation talent to the organization, including technology, digital, design, research and other key disciplines
- Foster collaborative and supportive cross-functional working relationships, including appropriate transparency into innovation activities, challenges and opportunities
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Head of eCommerce will have:
- 7+ years of professional experience in eCommerce. Possess a blend of eCommerce, digital marketing, technology and strategy experience, with a strong preference for those who have worked in consumer goods or related sectors.
- 5+ years' experience leading multiple eCommerce teams in large and small companies.
- ECommerce experience with a large CPG brand is required.
- An Bachelor's Degree is required. An advanced degree in business, technology or related field is a plus.
- Experience building an eCommerce function from scratch is a plus.
- Ability to translate offline brand vision to the online channel and execute strategies that enable the company to profitably achieve that goal.
- Proactive and collaborative leader who can lead change in a collaborative manner and enhance the knowledge of the organization in the eCommerce space.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to connect with people from different cultures and levels, both internally and externally
- Self-starter with high degree of independence.
What's on Offer
The target base salary range for the Head of eCommerce is $160k-$190k (commensurate with experience) + 20% bonus.