- A newly created no2 position for a 6,000 employee business unit.
- A strategic role
About Our Client
My client is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. They have over 15,000 global employees and circa 6,000 within the UK.
My client is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. They are looking for a Reward Director - UK to;
- Collaborate across the People Team to create the plan that underpins the implementation and delivery of the reward strategy. This includes assessing the impact of change across each business area to develop plans that balance regional consistency with local needs.
- Provide SME knowledge and advice to the Regional Pay Committee to support and challenge their decision making including provision of people data insights
- Work third party advisor and the Regional Pay Committee to design, develop and implement pay bands across the region.
- Lead the development of reward engagement for leaders and members. Collaborating with internal communication, People Partners and Learning & Development to design implement tools and mechanisms.
- Collaborate with the Reward Managers to assess the impact of reward strategy changes on cyclical activities and support them in the design and development of effective and efficient processes that deliver operational excellence.
- Utilise and influence the digital tools that are needed to successfully implement the reward strategy.
- Collaborate across the People Team to integrate reward into our member experience and people approach.
- Maintain a constantly fresh understanding of the skills that are needed and the markets we operate and translate this into approaches that are right for the company.
The Successful Applicant
The succesfull candidate for the Reward Director - UK role will have the following attributes and experience;
Behaviours & Attitude
- Adopts a flexible approach - comfortable with ambiguity in an organisation that encourages innovation
- Demonstrates a passion for learning, making the most of opportunities to learn, improve and innovate
- Externally referenced and constantly curious
- Is restless in the pursuit of excellence
Skills & Capabilities
- Influential - challenges, stretches and shapes internal thinking, even in the face of resistance - ability to build relationships and influence others to deliver desired outcomes - comfortable with conversations with board level colleagues
- Inclusive - works across boundaries and is generous with their knowledge
- Insights driven - uses a range of evidence from a variety of sources to diagnose problems and develop people insights. Uses these insights to challenge current practice and inform our actions
- Digital Working - understands the digital environment, the role of technology. and the impact it has on our people Human Centred Design - maximises the colleague experience by ensuring a people perspective is at the heart of every solution
- Change Management - uses a variety of tools, techniques and the collective experience of the team to introduce, deliver and embed change
- Situational Decision Making - makes effective and pragmatic decisions that avoids a 'one-sizefits-all' approach but in doing so, still ensures alignment to principles and values outlined in our strategies
Qualifications & Experience
- Reward SME with experience of designing and delivering reward programmes in a large matrix organisation
- Degree or qualification in relevant field or knowledge gained through experience in a similar reward role.
Key Performance Indicators
- Building and nurturing relationships with peers and key stakeholders
- Reward is integrated into the People agenda
- Reward is better understood by our members
- Leaders are more engaged and decisions are more consistent
- People Partners
- People COEs - Resourcing, Communications, Programme Management, L&D
- People Services
What's on Offer
A competitive salary of 80-90k + Bonus + Benefits