- Experience working on a risk based projects as a Business Analyst
- Experience of banking products
About Our Client
A large international bank based in London.
Risk Business Analyst Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Work with SME/s and end users in the risk business to understand and document the practical implications for all associated processes.
- Provide technical revisions and updates to the relevant Traceability Matrix (if required)
- Communicate with internal colleagues to understand the current practice and processes of departments and the organisation, including liaising with EMEA offices to first identify where change is required, then analyse and provide recommendations re the optimal approach, communicate the preferred approach across stakeholders and gather consensus to support and provide documentation to support
- Identify and document the processes, system changes and timescales required to introduce changes and ensure the correct governance of the change process
- Work closely with the SME/s to appraise senior stakeholders (likely to include MD and above level stakeholders) of the potential impact of change on the service, function or system/s highlighting the options, impact and potential links between required changes on the existing infrastructure so that well informed decisions can be made
- Communicate clearly within a multi-disciplinary team, gain consensus for the best solution and implement the required changes to maintain compliance with regulation and/or gain efficiencies. Ensure that the benefits of changes and recommendations are made clear to the relevant departments and to senior stakeholders and address any uncertainty and concern.
- Detail the appropriate business requirements and regulatory technical specification to support any changes or new requirements
- Support and involve the appropriate staff and teams in the QA, testing and delivery of changes, including helping to resolve any issues.
The Successful Applicant
Risk Business Analyst Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Educated to degree level
- Experience working as a Business Analyst on risk ralted project such ar Credit and Operational Risk.
- Abie to successfully manage multiple tasks at any given point, strong relationship building skills & communication skills (both written and verbal) Knowledge of front to back office business processes and products
- Experience of participating in deadline driven and/or systems project teams within Financial Services.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively to gain agreement and resolve conflict
- Must be able to take own initiative but also willing to support and take direction when working with a Project or Programme Manager
- Resilient to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to demonstrate flexibility to move between "big picture" thinking and handling detailed tactical information.
- Able to work collaboratively in teams, ask good questions to rapidly understand complex systems and processes, analyse data and make recommendations based on evidence from the data.
Specialist technical skills
- Able to produce gap analysis/requirements, workflows and high-quality business requirement documents covering current and future state proposals.
- Expertise in banking & securities products, prior experience of providing business process analysis, business requirements documentation and supporting testing protocols.
- Experienced with visio and MS products
- Proven ability to analyse current and future regulatory or business requirements and translate them into practical implications for specific processes and systems.
- Demonstrable understanding of Front-To-Back entity and product booking models for Investment Banking products.
What's on Offer
£400 - £550 per day on a PAYE basis