Sales Development Director - Automotive
High-level individual contributor with opportunity to build out a team
Sales/business development professional with Tier 1 automotive experience
About Our Client
Our client is an experienced custom manufacturer of filtration products and components within the Healthcare, Life Sciences, Automotive, Commercial, and Industrial Filtration Segments. This company produces a wide variety of products that are customised to their top-tier customers needs.
We are looking for a highly motivated, organised and technical individual to be involved in each step of the sales process from the initial quoting stage to the coordination of resources to ensure project time-lines are achieved.
The new resource will report to the VP Automotive based in Europe, and will have the following main responsibilities:
- Perform all financial analyses to determine costing and quoting utilising the company development tools.
- Act as a liaison between automotive customers and all levels of the organisation from Customer Service to Quality Management to resolve complaints or issues in a timely manner.
- Possess and execute strong project management.
- Effectively manage all potential customer accounts through consistent communication and contact by informing them of product development activities and other key factors during the vetting process.
- Research and collect pertinent data/information to be used in accurate sales forecasting.
- Manage and assist with automotive budget forecasting.
- Discover and investigate new business opportunities.
- Maintain good relationships with existing customers through regular phone contact, e-mail and customer visits.
- Accountable for individual sales number achievements.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Engineering or other technical discipline.
We are looking for a manager with minimum of 6-8 years of experience within the automotive industry, ideally in a sales capacity.
The candidate must have a proven experience in forecasting and budgeting sales.
He/she is detail oriented and highly organised with the ability to multitask and prioritise and has general working knowledge of PPAP's, 8D's, AIAG Standards, ISO 9001 and TS 16949 quality standards. He/she has excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
International travel may be required, 20-30% within Mexico and Canada, requiring NAFTA travel with potential for international travel.
What's on Offer
Great job opportunity in US territory.