Sales Director - Builders & Timber Merchants
Board level role
Rapidly expanding building & timber merchants
About Our Client
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Sales Director within a well-respected Builders and Timber Merchants. The successful Sales Leader will be accountable for the sales strategy and growth objectives for a rapidly expanding business that is growing both organically and through strategic acquisitions.
Role Profile Overview
- The Sales Director is accountable for the Sales strategy and the sales performance of a business that is rapidly expanding with a turnover in excess of £100m.
- Responsibilities include business development and account management, creation and successful execution of sales strategies and developing and growing the sales teams which will continue to grow as the business delivers on ambitious growth plans.
- Train, mentor and develop high performing sales teams, ensuring that targets are achieved, and performance is managed.
- Build relationships with branch sales teams, customers and suppliers.
- Be a part of the Operations Board and play an active role in the leadership of the business as it continues its buy and build strategy
- Strategy - develop and execute Strategic Sales plan to support the company's annual plan working with other board members on budgeting, planning and preparing reports and presentations for the Board.
- Sales targets - forecast sales and set and monitor targets for the company ensuring that annual sales targets are exceeded.
- Customers - build and maintain existing and new customer relationships, negotiating commercial agreements and partnering with them to understand their business needs and objectives and gathering market intelligence and insight to foresee trends and innovations in the market.
- Suppliers - build and maintain relationships with both procurement teams and suppliers and develop partnerships with suppliers to grow sales.
- Sales Team - lead, train, develop and motivate the sales team.
The Successful Applicant
- Extensive experience as a Sales Director with a demonstrable track record of growing business ahead of market growth rates within a related sector.
- Proven sales management experience as an inspirational leader, with demonstrable experience of sales management, leading and mentoring a sales team from the front and developing people.
- Commercially astute, with strong analytical ability and knowledge of sales management tools.
- Self-starter, with an ability to communicate at all levels and in all situations with excellent listening, negotiation, presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
What's on Offer
Executive salary and benefits package commensurate with level of appointment.