Sales Director, China (Audiovisual)
Responsibility for China sales strategy
Hong Kong or Shanghai office location
About Our Client
Our client is a European headquartered audiovisual business, currently expanding their presence across the Asia region. As you will join during a period of sustained growth, you will use your network to leverage and grow your profile of clients, working with the VP, Asia to build the business development and execution strategy
- Define and execute a territory sales strategy to meet sales and margin targets for the region.
- Closely manage dealers, distributors, and OEM accounts and establish strong multi-tier relationships.
- Complete ownership of regional sales process, including lead generation, product positioning, sales opportunity evaluation, quote generation, and deal closing.
- Assist marketing on ongoing product development by proactively querying customers about our competition, their challenges, product limitations, new workflows and trends.
- Position our products within target industries, provide proactive support to consultants, and track all opportunities from bid to award date.
- Submit sales projection reports to management on a timely manner with high emphasis on accuracy.
- Prepare and deliver technology presentations and hands-on product demonstrations that communicate the company's positional advantages and differentiators to our dealers, distributors and end-users.
- Coordinate lunch-and-learn and roadshows.
- Attend and/or participate in international, national and local trade shows and other sales related events.
- Work closely with product management and tech support teams to ensure customer satisfaction and assertive product feedback.
The Successful Applicant
- 7+ years sales experience in a professional video product manufacturer or sales environment in any of the following sectors: pro-AV; broadcast; production; post-production. Experience as direct salesman with established customer relationships in the pro-AV market sector is ideal.
- Strong video engineering or end-user background.
- Self-motivated and a proven sales closer.
- Willing to travel a minimum of 50% of the time.
- Articulate communicator, professional demeanour and excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to work autonomously without field supervision.
- Creative, detailed oriented with planning and organisational skill.
- Solid understanding of video signal baseband processing (ideal).
- Computer skills including MS Office and CRM Systems, preferably SalesForce.
- Must be able to speak and write Putonghua, English and Chinese.
What's on Offer
Attractive salary and benefits package, Hong Kong or Shanghai office location, attractive compensation targets based on sales.