Sales Director - London - Office Fit-Out & Design
Sales Director opportunity
London and the South East, UK.
About Our Client
My client has over 40 year's experience in designing and building interior spaces in the commercial and education sectors, with an enviable track record of creating interior spaces of all sizes.
Their growth has all been driven by the needs of their customers. At the heart of the business setup are the principles of trust, honesty, integrity and care for people. Care for staff and all they do business with.
Every workspace design is at the heart of the company philosophy and every project is unique because every work environment has different dynamics and specific requirements. They offer a full solution from the initial consultancy to find the right solution, the design and construction of the space, through to the manufacture of furniture and other items to meet the budget and needs exactly.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Sales Director will lead the Project Sales and Business Development Team, providing direction, coaching and support to the team members and to ensure the achievement of individual and team targets.
The Sales Director is fully accountable to increase annual revenues, maintain and expand the customer base and win new sales opportunities.
- Work within a 'hands on' Sales Director role in the selling of interior office fit-out solutions with a key focus on the London and South East UK region.
- Develop and execute the sales strategy required to increase sales growth through existing and new business development.
- Provide exceptional leadership for departmental heads in the Project Sales Team, Pre Contracts Team and Business Development Teams.
- Achieve and exceed targets and goals set for the role, and support direct reports to achieve their targets and goals.
- Manage key and target accounts building strong relationships to establish, maintain and increase sales.
- Explore options to expand the customer base and increase new business opportunities through various routes to market.
- Create a strong ethos of positive business development within the team, support individuals and encouraging a 'team' approach.
- Monitor and evaluate consumer needs and trends and competitor activity from your own research.
The Successful Applicant
- Exemplary leadership credentials; adherence to strong, values based leadership principles.
- Knowledge of the interior fit out / office workspace solutions sector.
- Experience of training, mentoring and developing teams within a sales environment.
- An excellent team player personally
- Track record of key account management and business development both as an individual and managing through a sales team.
- Understanding and experience of working within the London market would be highly preferred.
- Ability to set and deliver on a sales strategy with a clear vision.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong IT skills, proficient in Microsoft Office applications and contact management software.
- An aptitude for providing solutions (consultative sales approach).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong numeracy skills and experience analysing and forecasting figures.
- Excellent attention to detail.
What's on Offer
Excellent executive package commensurate with the level of appointment.