Sales Director North America - Factory Automation
Rapidly growing global Technology and Manufacturing Company - Factory Automation
IoT, Software, Networking, Cloud, Automation, Robotics, Wireless - Sales Leader
About Our Client
Our client for the Director of Sales - Factory Automation opportunity is a global manufacturer of factory automation solutions including hardware, software, IoT, artificial intelligence (AI) and robotics. This Director of Sales will lead a sales team serving customers in manufacturing including automotive, industrial, aerospace and others. This role is located in the Milwaukee, WI area. Must be local and/or within commuting distance or available for relocation.
The Director of Sales - Factory Automation will report to the Vice President and be responsible for the development and execution of a sales strategy across the US and Canada and will lead sales team across the region. This candidate must have a background in IoT, Automation, Networking, Cloud, or Software technologies related to manufacturing and industrial.
- Develop and execute strategic sales and go to market plans and initiatives that drive revenue and meet annual budgets
- Leverage product, market, and industry knowledge, along with sound business development abilities to develop comprehensive strategy and execution plans.
- Collaborate cross functionally in a highly complex global environment to develop and manage project plans with internal and external resources to deliver well-engineered, high-quality solutions.
- Mentor team to foster transparency and alignment to plans and to ensure ongoing professional growth, technical advancement, and management development.
- Work collectively with R&D, Product Development, and Product Management
- Conduct market research and analysis for market segmentation and go to market strategies
- Market and product development research based on customer needs and VOC
- Meet with customer key stakeholders and decision makers including executive management
- Hire and establish a team of sales managers
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products
- Develop month end reports for executive team
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, OR Engineering preferred (Electrical, Networking, Electronics, Physics, or Computer engineering)
- MBA Preferred
- 8-15 years of industrial sales experience in IoT, Software, Automation, Telecommunications, Networking, Electronics, Cloud
- At least 3 years of sales management and leadership experience
- Proven track record leading organic growth within new customers and new markets
- Proven track record of hiring, mentoring, developing and leading a high performing sales team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong personality and mentoring skills with the ability to influence internal and external customers.
- Work hand in hand with President, VP, GM, engineering, R&D, purchasing, manufacturing, finance, HR, etc.
- Ability to travel domestic and international 50%
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, bonus, full benefits, 401K, relocation assistance if needed, being a part of the North American leadership team.