Sales Director of Warehousing Solutions
Play a key role in growing the Essentials Material Handling business
Growing the sales and delivery of the portfolio of products and services
About Our Client
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. They own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world's most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 72 million square meters in 19 countries. More than a real-estate solution, Prologis Essentials is a customer support system - designed to assist the client in a more thoughtful, streamlined way, in every aspect of the business mission. It's an all-in-one, convenient online portal for managing property, contacting support, accessing helpful materials and procuring custom warehouse solutions.
- Provide subject matter expertise and be the primary point of contact on all Essentials offerings for all 12 countries/offices in our European portfolio.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with Prologis teams and vendor partners to educate, introduce and promote Essentials products and services.
- Build, empower, mentor, and assist property and leasing managers in all phases of the selling process to achieve agreed-upon targets and performance metrics.
- Our primary point of contact for preferred Material Handling and Automation partners.
- Responsible for the oversight of designs, proposals, presentations, and new installations to ensure excellence and customer satisfaction.
- Develop an intimate knowledge of customer's businesses to better understand their needs and problems.
installations and product delivery to ensure timeliness and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and execute sales plans, coordinate sales efforts to achieve new customer revenue, craft forecast and strategy around all Essentials product lines and services.
- Be responsible for high-value transactions.
- Structure daily and weekly activities, pipelines, and forecasts in Salesforce and lead, and continuously update Salesforce throughout the sales process.
- Drive strategic account planning, networking, and use of company resources to achieve defined sales quota.
- Build and implement standard methodologies to improve pipeline creation, conversion rates, forecasting accuracy.
- Drive the Essentials business around automation (intra logistics, autonomous forklifts).
- Collect data from product beta testing and identify markets where Prologis can demonstrate to build case studies for national roll out.
The Successful Applicant
- Candidate will have 8-10 years of material handling and automation sales experience including rack and storage systems, lift trucks, conveyor systems, goods to person technology, and various other automation technologies
- Working experience throughout Europe preferred
- Candidate will have a knowledge of operations, processes, and order fulfillment methodologies in warehousing and distribution facilities
- A strong knowledge of the material handling industry and industry leading manufacturers, vendors and integrators
- A sound knowledge of Supply Chain Execution Software (SCES)-WMS, WES, WCS
- Consultative Sales and Sales leadership experience
- Project Management experience
- Vendor Relations management
- An understanding of Industrial Real Estate and new building construction a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft products (particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project), salesforce.com and AutoCAD
- Strong organizational, process, and interpersonal skills required
- Presentation / Speaking skills
- Motivated, self-starter capable of managing multiple tasks, projects, and team members simultaneously
- Multi-lingual skills a plus-English, French, German, Dutch
- Reporting relationship
- Reports directly to the Managing Director of Essentials Europe
- Reports indirectly to the Director of Essentials Material Handling (in the US)
What's on Offer
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers at Prologis.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, their strong belief that their people are the most important part of the business. And because of that, they provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first at Prologis.