Excellent opportunity to shape the sales journey of a high-growth tech start-up
Key member of the Executive Team
About Our Client
Our client is a corporate VC-backed technology company that supplies an advanced energy automation service to utilities in emerging markets. The company's IoT product solves connectivity problems in previously inaccessible markets, enabling its customers to automate the demand side of their business effectively anywhere on the planet. The business automates 100s of distributed energy assets, bringing electricity to 10,000s of homes and businesses in 10 countries across Africa and Asia.
The successful Sales Director will take the lead in;
- Meet quarterly revenue targets for new and repeat orders, from a combination of SaaS, equipment and services sales.
- Seek out and prove new market opportunities, working closely with customers and executives to develop the product offering where appropriate.
- Provide continuity between the customer and the team throughout the customer journey.
- Negotiate and deliver projects within an established set of terms, conditions and policies. Working with executives and company counsel to develop these where appropriate.
- Manage the company's inbound sales function.
- Develop and manage the company's outbound sales function.
- Develop and manage the sales team, working closely with the customer service team.
The Successful Applicant
We are seeking to appoint a highly talented and driven Sales Director to lead the commercial expansion of our client. You will either be an existing Sales Director or currently operating at "Head of" or "VP" level and ready to make move into a more senior role. You will be a high performing deal maker that is driven to create and deliver customer focused solutions with structure and process.
You will also be able to easily demonstrate;
- Proven expertise in negotiating complex SaaS sales with repeat order elements.
- Proven expertise in managing long term SaaS contracts.
- Proven ability to set, track, meet (and exceed) quarterly targets.
- Experience working with executive boards, managing senior stakeholders across a technology business.
- Leadership experience in a high growth technology company.
- Fluency with relevant technologies (cloud software, connected devices, radio frequency technology).
What's on Offer
The Sales Director ill be rewarding with highly competitive basic salary, annual bonus and equity based LTIP.
They will also benefit from working with a driven and entrepreneurial CEO and have access to, and work closely with, experts across the business and market. You will also join a company that is passionate about its mission that takes the well-being of its staff seriously.