Fantastic opportunity to work for a the UK Subsidiary of a large scale FMCG Co.
Pro-active role which would be fantastic for a highly motivated candidate
About Our Client
Focusing on cheese specialities and high value added dairy ingredients, Savencia Fromage & Dairy is among the world`s leading milk processors, the No. 2 cheese group in France and the No. 4 worldwide. Savencia Fromage & Dairy is an independent family group listed with Euronext Paris. With 19,485 employees worldwide, Savencia Fromage & Dairy sells cheeses produced or selected by its companies in 120 countries.
In each of the countries where Savencia are present, they offer consumers products designed for them and backed by premium brands which are often part of their national heritage. Development is built on an intimate knowledge of local tastes and habits, a wealth of cheese-manufacturing know-how, an extensive mastery of cheese-making and dairy technologies and cutting-edge research into milk`s constituents.
In the UK the groups primary brands are St Agur, Le Rustique and Chavroux which are distributed through Retail Multiples and Convenience Stores.
This role will be located at our UK HQ in Hampton. You will be accountable for defining, proposing, implementing and monitoring the UK subsidiary sales strategies and policies. You will be accountable for volume, net turnover, management and cost management.
Establishing sales policy, through:
Pricing policy and sales terms
- Promotional plans
- Customer relations
Managing the resources for implementing this policy in order to achieve goals in terms of:
- Volume: levels of brand management.
- Sales budgets: discounts, rebates, promotions and trade co-operation
- Running budgets: wages and costs; external services
Managing the Category Management Team
- Define & implement the Category Management Strategy per retailer
Directing and leading Sales & Category Management Teams:
- Recommending, managing and monitoring the sales organisation
- Adjusting the organisation according to changes in the environment
- Guaranteeing high levels of skills (training, recruitment) and motivation in the sales organisation Leading cross-functional "customer groups"
The Successful Applicant
The successful Sales Director will have the following skills and experience:
- Track record of at least 10 years in sales leadership roles within FMCG.
- Clear track record of operating at Director and Board level
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Commercial awareness and strong understanding of all aspects of business
- Self-motivated and dynamic individual
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
What's on Offer
Excellent salary, plus car, fantastic bonus, pension and health care.