Great opportunity for a commercial leader to shape a high-growth Tech Start-Up
Lead a new business and account management team based UK and Internationally
About Our Client
My client is a Private Equity backed Tech Start-up supplying advanced metering services to utilities. The company's product solves connectivity problems in previously inaccessible markets, enabling its customers to automate the demand side of their business effectively anywhere on the planet. The business automates 100s of distributed energy assets, bringing electricity to 10,000s of homes and businesses across Africa and Asia
Based from my client's North West Head Office, the successful Sales Director will take the lead in:
- Set and deliver short term result and build a long term strategy for new business and account management to drive overall sales growth from a combination of SaaS, equipment and services sales
- Identify target channel partners, new market and customer opportunities, working closely with customers and product teams develop the product offering
- Have personal involvement in supporting key accounts at a per-to-peer level
- Manage the company new business and account management teams to drive significant revenue growth.
- Provide continuity between the customer, customer success and sales team throughout the customer journey
- Create a positive sales focused culture and accountability to deliver against targets and KPIs
- Engender a 'lean and hungry' sales environment, combing pace with strong commercial acumen, and entrepreneurialism with full ownership of the global sales number
The Successful Applicant
We are seeking to appoint a highly talented and driven Sales Director to lead the commercial expansion of our client. You will either be an existing Sales Director or currently operating at "Head of" or "VP" level and ready to make move into a more senior role. You will be a high performing strategic thinker and deal maker who is driven to create and deliver customer focused solutions .
You will also be able to demonstrate;
- Proven expertise in negotiating SaaS sales with repeat order elements
- Experience of large-scale infrastructure sales likely from from utility, telecoms or networks
- Proven track record of senior sales management success and ability to set, track, meet (and exceed) quarterly targets
- Experience of working with executive boards, managing senior stakeholders across a technology business.
- Leadership experience in a high growth technology company and ideally transitioning from a small and relatively unstructured sales organisation to a best-in-market structure capable of delivering 2-3X growth over a relatively short period of time
- Ideally fluent with relevant technologies (cloud software, connected devices, radio frequency technology)
- Knowledge of working in high grwoth, disruptive sectors
- Proven leader and inspire of teams
- Collaborative management style
- Driven and ambitious - capable and will enjoy keeping pace with a pro-active and fast-moving moving team
What's on Offer
Competitive basic, bonus, and potential LTIP package.